Saturday April 9th through Friday April 15th
1. Sam @ Run With Sam did a "Li'l Local Low Key" DC 5k on Saturday. Congratulations! Check her out HERE.
2. Runner's Fuel got up and instead of driving to the gym to workout, she ran. With gas prices going up, I'm happy to see more and more people making use of alternative transportation. Check her out HERE.
3. Stephanie @ My Thorns Have Roses took a big step this past week towards being an all around happier person and quit her job. I wish her all the luck in the world though I'm sure she won't need much. Check out her story HERE.
4. Chloe @ Running With A Bottle of Wine did the Red Hills Sprint Triathlon this past Saturday. Check out here race report HERE.
5. Richelle @ Running Towards a Higher Calling competed in an indoor triathlon. Check out her results HERE.
6. Kristin @ Bigger Girls Can Run Too also made a move to save some gas and ran to her choir rehearsal. Three cheers for active economics! Read her post HERE.
7. Dawn @ Racing Dawn can just about smell success at this point. She is on her way to twelve marathons in twelve months and recently finished number eleven, the Skyline to Sea Marathon in CA. Read her race report HERE.
8. Megan @ The Daily Sweat ran the Seahawks 12k race this past Sunday. Awesome job! Check her out HERE.
1. After a race on Saturday, Chloe @ Running With A Bottle of Wine has some recommendations for transition setup in triathlons. If you're new to the sport or still a beginner, she has some great tips on how to cut time on both T1 and T2. Check it out HERE.
2. I wrote a post covering the injury of Runner's Knee since I've been going through it lately. Check it out HERE.
3. Ali @ See Ali Eat...See Ali Run posted a story about her run in with Hip Bursitis and how she's avoided it since. Check it out HERE.
4. Looking for another race, but short on cash? Jess @ Run With Jess is running a FREE virtual race called The Jelly Bean Virtual Race. Check out the sponsors (who are providing the prizes) and enter the race HERE. The race is April 18th-25th
5. Ali @ See Ali Eat...See Ali Run has a degree in Nutritional Sciences and started a series of posts about nutrition for endurance athletes. Check out her first post HERE. And the second post HERE.
6. I REALLY want to know everyone's opinion on this. Runnergirl Training posted an entry about negative splitting and it's benefits to racing. I've seen this pop up multiple times now and while the philosophy makes sense logically, I think saying it's "negative splitting" and not "maintaining pace" is a bit skewed. Please check it out HERE and chime in.
7. Ever "hit the wall" or "bonked"? Runnergirl Training posted an incredible article from Runner's World that looks at the sports nutrition side of the question "Why do we bonk?" Check it out HERE.
8. With the Boston Marathon coming up, Mel @ Tall Mom on the Run (who is running the marathon herself) put up a list of everyone she knows who is running the race and those who are volunteering/spectating. Check it out HERE.
9. Following up Mel, we've got Triathlon Benchwarmer who put up another post of this weekend's upcoming racers cleverly entitled "Who's Who..." I really like the title! Check it out HERE.
1. When did you consider yourself a runner? Katherine @ Forward Foot Strides asked the question this past weekend and it greatly interests me. At what point do you stop simply participating in a sport and mentally become a member of it? Check her out and read some great answers HERE.
2. It's always fun hearing about people's other talents. Of course you and I are all amazing athletes, but what else can we do? Jo @ That Girl Who Sang the Anthem shared a video of her singing the national anthem at a hockey game. I'm quite impressed! Check it out HERE.
3. You know how much I like people who remain active into older years. Caroline @ Canadian Runner in Exile posted about a Canadian runner named Ed Whitlock. Check him out at 80 years old setting records HERE.
4. Where do you stand on the use of performance enhancing drugs (PED's)? Danny @ A Quest for Running Perfection calls into question the views, restrictions, and guidelines for PEDs and makes (in my mind) a good argument for change. I would love to know where you lie on the matter. Check it out HERE.
5. Need some ideas about how to cool off during a race? Danny @ A Quest for Running Perfection takes a look at some methods used by other species that are quite interesting! Start cooling off HERE.
6. Everyone knows the love you have for a grandparent. Unfortunately, Megan @ The Daily Sweat said goodbye to her grandmother earlier this week. Megan, we're sorry for your loss and hope you and your family are doing well. Check her out HERE.
1. Heather @ Run Faster Mommy has a SONY Walkman giveaway going on until April 25th. Check it out HERE.
2. Mel @ Tall Mom on the Run has a giveaway hosted by Gone For a Run going until April 21st. Check it out HERE.
3. Sam @ Run With Sam is doing her very first giveaway, the Ugly Race Photo Giveaway. This ends on Sunday April 24th. Check it out and enter HERE.
4. Katherine @ Forward Foot Strikes has a giveaway hosted by Sof Sole. Check it out and enter HERE.
5. Attention Ladies!! Amanda @ Run to The Finish has a Zensah Sports Bra giveaway going through April 22nd. As much as I'd love to win this just to make it ironic, I'll abstain. Enter HERE.
6. Jenn @ A Runner's Road posted that if she can get 25 followers by Marathon Monday, she will have a giveaway. So if you want a chance at something awesome from the Boston Marathon Expo, stop over and follower her! Check it out HERE.
1. Megan @ Watch MeGo Run reviewed the Road ID elite bracelet. Without question, she picked a pink one! Check out her review HERE.
2. Attention Ladies!! Amanda @ Run to The Finish reviewed the Zensah Sports Bra. You might want to check it out, HERE.