Week in Review
Saturday March 26th through Friday April 1st
** Last weekend was a big race weekend!
And today has plenty more racers, so we will see you on the Congratulations listing next week.
Best of luck to everyone racing! **
1. Sam @ Run With Sam not only finished the SunTrust Half Marathon in DC, but clinched the confidence for her full marathon coming up next month! When you're not naturally crazy enough to think you can do anything, getting that confidence is key! Her race report had me laughing multiple times! Read it HERE.
2. Tonia @ Racing With Babes was also in DC this weekend, but was out for a whole different battle, the SunTrust Full Marathon, her fourth marathon in total. Is anyone surprised she finished? Nope! But not only did she do that, but she smashed her old PR by over 30 minutes. Check out the race report HERE.
2. A bit of a different event here. Colleen @ IRONDIVA is celebrating (along with her husband Tom) their eighth anniversary since their first date. She posted a blog about that first date. Read it HERE.
3. Monica @ Brunette On A Mission ran her fourth annual Scope It Out 5K and she continues to cut her time! Awesome job!! Read about it HERE.
4. Megan @ The Daily Sweat got a new PR for the Half Marathon (or "21k" as she prefers to call it) this weekend. Check out her race report HERE.
5. Amanda @ 5 Miles Past Empty informed us Sunday that her husband finished his first official marathon. And not only that, but he did it with a 35lb backpack on. Kudos to him! I'd suggest you check out Amanda's post HERE and tell her that he needs to write a guest blogger race report!
6. Jess @ That's Just How I Roll finished the Great Ocean and Otway Classic Ride, a 145km (90 mile) bike ride. Major props to her! Check out her race report HERE.
1. Ron @ Do or Do Not, There Is No Tri had a great post going over interesting points about common hamstring injuries, the benefits of stretching, and how to modify your gate/stride rate. Check it out HERE.
2. James @ PowerMultisport recently went to a swim clinic for triathletes and had some interesting info on the differences between technique for pool versus open water swimming. I'm a bit biased towards pool technique since I've used it for 16+ years now, but I agree that there certainly are differences in how to attack the two types of swimming. Read up on it HERE.
3. Who here runs on a treadmill? Do you set an incline when you run? Runnergirl Training points out a research article that shows you that a 1% incline is equal to flat outdoor running. Check it out HERE.
4. Do you have any soreness in your hips? Megan @ The Daily Sweat posted a link that a commenter of hers gave her that shows you twelve really great exercises (ballistic stretches) for your hips. I already do a couple of them and even just those two have worked really well for my previous hip ailments. Check it out HERE.
5. Have you done a virtual race? Jess @ Run With Jess is hosting a virtual race called The Jelly Bean. Read all about it and get registered (for free) HERE. Thanks to Richelle @ Running Towards a Higher Calling for posting about this race in her blog
1. Megan @ Watch MeGo Run found an amazing runner's shirt that you should all check out (I'm still cracking up just thinking about it). Start laughing HERE.
2. Have you ever seen what you thought was an AWESOME running costume or gimmick at a race? Richelle @ Running Towards a Higher Calling is asking for ideas on what to pick up as her "have fun" gimmick for races. She'd sure appreciate hearing any ideas. Share your favorite costume HERE.
3. Heather @ Run Faster Mommy is a hero, no questions asked. Life threw her a curveball and she picked up the cape and started flying. Read all about her amazing story HERE.
4. Do you know who Rosie Ruiz is? If you're a runner, you should. She made it into Caroline's post @ Canadian Runner in Exile. It's just one of those stories that is passed down and will certainly live on in idiotic infamy. Check it out HERE. And read even more about Rosie HERE.
5. Now here's a blog post idea I wish I had come up with myself. Blog Comment Bag. Danny @ A Quest for Running Perfection picks his favorite comments from the month and posts them along with his own response. It had me laughing a lot! Check it out HERE.
6. Have you ever had a dog? Colleen @ IRONDIVA has a dog named Buddy who is unfortunately having a rough time lately. If you've ever had a dog, you'll understand - she and Tom could really use your support. Read about Buddy HERE.
7. Setting and Achieving Goals. Kristin @ Gotta Love Triathlon has a great post spawned from reading an article in LAVA magazine about a triathlete named Meredith Kessler and her four steps to success. Read about it HERE.
8. Need a feel good athletic story? Well, here you go! Kelly @ Running Free posted a video that you will absolutely love! Check it out HERE.
1. Katie @ Run For The Bikini is hosting a Ryder's Sunglasses giveaway. Ryder's definitely has a pair of sunglasses for everyone, so check them out. And check out the giveaway HERE.
2. Austin @ Enjoy the Ride is hosting an April Fools giveaway. Entries are pretty simple - follow the blog and publicly humiliate yourself. Go read about the craziest thing I've done to win a t-shirt. Enter HERE.
1. Tawnee @ Tri*Tawn recently purchased herself a birthday present, an aero helmet and shared some thoughts as to the benefits of her two final choices. Read it HERE.
2. Megan @ Watch MeGo Run wrote a review for Bondi Bands, which I now know is not only headbands, but sweat bands, towels, hats, and more. Megan reviews a headband. Check it out HERE.
Stay fit. Stay healthy.