Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My New (Famous) Running Buddy

Ever get a song stuck in your head that you have no idea where it came from?

I got up this morning and for some reason I was silently singing to myself...

 "And I promise you, kid, that I give so much more than I get
I just haven't met you yet"

Recognize the song?  It's Michael Buble.

I have no idea where it came from.  I am a fan of Michael's stuff (personal favorites are "Me and Mrs. Jones" as well as "Cry Me A River"), but I haven't listened to Michael in awhile.  Oh-well.  It kept me entertained without annoying me (usually songs stuck in my head drive me crazy!!).

So I got up, got dressed, and headed out for a 5 mile run shooting for a 7:30 pace with my running buddy Michael Buble.  I managed a 7:33 pace!  Thanks Michael.

For you enjoyment, here is Haven't Met You Yet by Michael Buble.


Question
1.  What was the last song that you got stuck in your head?

2.  Have I succeeded in getting Michael Buble stuck in YOUR head?
I hope so.  =P

Stay fit.  Stay healthy. 

11 comments:

Aimee said...

Nice job with your run! I always seem to get songs stuck in my head, but usually their kids songs. With two boys, 3 and 5, I just can't help it..ha ha!

Coy Martinez said...

Lately I have that song stuck in my head by P Diddy, think it's called Comin' Home. I love the line where he says "it's easy to be Puffy but it's hard to be Sean".

Super fun to sing of course!

I'm a Buble fan too!

Unknown said...

I like Michael's songs a lot. and quite honestly - find them to be great to workout to! :)


And yes... now I'm singing that. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I like Bittersweet Symphony. I heard it on an Ironman video once and every time I hear it, I get pumped up!

Samantha said...

dang...7:33 pace?! nice.

I've had the new carrie underwood song "songs like this" stuck in my head for 3 days straight. no lie. it's a catchy man-hater song. sorry. haha

Jennifer Spadafora said...

I have been listening to Adele's "Rolling in The Deep" for a week now. Can't get enough!

Never been a Michael Buble fan but this is the one song that I do like.

Nice run today!

CupCake@ Bigger Girls Can Run Too said...

This morning I had a verse from In The Heights stuck in my head. The other day I had Next to Normal stuck in my head. Yay musicals. :P

And no, Michael is not currently stuck in my head.

Caroline said...

I LOVE Micheal Buble!!!! I have all his CD. Right now the one stuck in my head when I run is Don't you 9forget about me) the David Cook version

Richelle said...

Nice run! I tend to get old songs in my head, although today, I was internally jamming out to "Alone" by Heart.

KC (my 140 point 6 mile journey) said...

Last song stuck in my head ...Price Tag by Jessie J and B.o.B. That has been today. ALL DAY!

Anonymous said...

I cannot find the Ironman video that the song belongs to but I know I'm not crazy bc some man in spin class came up to me after I taught spinning one day and said "I love that song bc it was in an Ironman video." Could be TV documentary.