Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My New (Famous) Running Buddy

Ever get a song stuck in your head that you have no idea where it came from?

I got up this morning and for some reason I was silently singing to myself...

 "And I promise you, kid, that I give so much more than I get
I just haven't met you yet"

Recognize the song?  It's Michael Buble.

I have no idea where it came from.  I am a fan of Michael's stuff (personal favorites are "Me and Mrs. Jones" as well as "Cry Me A River"), but I haven't listened to Michael in awhile.  Oh-well.  It kept me entertained without annoying me (usually songs stuck in my head drive me crazy!!).

So I got up, got dressed, and headed out for a 5 mile run shooting for a 7:30 pace with my running buddy Michael Buble.  I managed a 7:33 pace!  Thanks Michael.

For you enjoyment, here is Haven't Met You Yet by Michael Buble.
video


Question
1.  What was the last song that you got stuck in your head?

2.  Have I succeeded in getting Michael Buble stuck in YOUR head?
I hope so.  =P

Stay fit.  Stay healthy. 

11 comments:

Aimee said...

Nice job with your run! I always seem to get songs stuck in my head, but usually their kids songs. With two boys, 3 and 5, I just can't help it..ha ha!

Coy Martinez said...

Lately I have that song stuck in my head by P Diddy, think it's called Comin' Home. I love the line where he says "it's easy to be Puffy but it's hard to be Sean".

Super fun to sing of course!

I'm a Buble fan too!

Colleen said...

I like Michael's songs a lot. and quite honestly - find them to be great to workout to! :)


And yes... now I'm singing that. Thank you!

Shelby said...

I like Bittersweet Symphony. I heard it on an Ironman video once and every time I hear it, I get pumped up!

Samantha said...

dang...7:33 pace?! nice.

I've had the new carrie underwood song "songs like this" stuck in my head for 3 days straight. no lie. it's a catchy man-hater song. sorry. haha

Jenn @ A Runner's Road said...

I have been listening to Adele's "Rolling in The Deep" for a week now. Can't get enough!

Never been a Michael Buble fan but this is the one song that I do like.

Nice run today!

CupCake@ Bigger Girls Can Run Too said...

This morning I had a verse from In The Heights stuck in my head. The other day I had Next to Normal stuck in my head. Yay musicals. :P

And no, Michael is not currently stuck in my head.

Caroline said...

I LOVE Micheal Buble!!!! I have all his CD. Right now the one stuck in my head when I run is Don't you 9forget about me) the David Cook version

Richelle said...

Nice run! I tend to get old songs in my head, although today, I was internally jamming out to "Alone" by Heart.

KC (my 140 point 6 mile journey) said...

Last song stuck in my head ...Price Tag by Jessie J and B.o.B. That has been today. ALL DAY!

Shelby said...

I cannot find the Ironman video that the song belongs to but I know I'm not crazy bc some man in spin class came up to me after I taught spinning one day and said "I love that song bc it was in an Ironman video." Could be TV documentary.