Tuesday, September 28, 2010

UCHC 5K Course

I ran the UCHC 5K Road Race course today for the first time.  Overall, the surroundings are quite less scenic compared to last weekend's West Hartford Reservior trail, but there is much less elevation to deal with.  Here's the rough elevation synopsis.

UCHC
0.0 - 0.5 miles - flat
0.5 - 1.0 miles - incline
1.0 - 1.5 miles - decline
1.5 - 3.1 miles - flat

From looking at last year's results, the competition will be much better at this race.  I'd love to be under 19:30 and I think it's quite doable given that there is less elevation at UCHC, but we shall see.  My hope is that the main incline will slow a lot of people down.  After that, it'll just be a battle to hold my spot (wherever that may be).  But having run at 6:49/mile today, I'm feeling pretty good.  I'll give the course 2-3 more tries during the week and we shall see what happens on Sunday.

Ciao!

No comments: