Monday, September 20, 2010

First Hill Run

Today I decided that I had built up a sufficient amount of endurance and should add a little bit of speed work / interval running into my regime.  Therefore, I headed out to whatever road it is on the east side of Stanley Quarter Park and did some hills; I sprinted up the hills on the balls of my feet and then walked/jogged down.

The total distance was 6.6 miles (10.6k), but a portion of that was walked as well.  In total, I ran 2 miles to get to the hill at a sub-7 minute pace, did 2.6 miles of hills, and then ran another 2 miles home at about a 7:30 pace. 

Distance:  6.6 miles (10.6k)
Time:  maybe 1:10 or there abouts
Music of choice: Linkin Park - A Thousand Suns


Overall, the hills were a good change up and I'm sure they'll help in time with my Marlborough Spring Triathlons or any hilly running course in general, but for now I'm content in knowing that I will quickly grow to hate hills.  haha  I'm fine running them at a convo pace (a pace at which you're able to continue a conversation), but sprints suck.  haha

Keep chugging along guys!  Ciao.

No comments: