Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Testing Out Sunday's Race Course

Back in the swing today and glad to be there.  I went for an earlier run today to avoid the cooler temperatures we're getting at night now.  On top of that, I went over to the West Hartford Reserviors to check out the course that I'll be racing this coming Sunday and it's a bit more hilly than I thought it'd be, but all-in-all it's a good course; very scenic.

Today's Workout:

Distance:  3.4 miles (5.5k)
Time:  24:00 (7:03/mile)
Music of choice: Missy Higgins

The race will be a 5k (3.1 miles), so proportioning today's time gives me something like a 21:48, which is better than I thought I ran, so that's cool.  I did notice that I got a slight side stitch after allowing myself to stretch out and fly down a decline, so I'll have to be careful about that.  Otherwise, I like that the course is a paved trail; much better than running through streets in downtown.  I think at this point I will attempt to push a sub-21 time, maybe sub-20 minute if I can.  I'll run the course a couple more times this week to get a better feel.

Ciao!

No comments: