Friday, September 10, 2010

Back on the Road and Feeling Great

Gotta' be quick, but I got back out onto the road today.  My ankle has been feeling GREAT the last couple days, so I planned just doing a medium paced 5k.  I made the 5k is 26 minutes, walked for five minutes, ran another mile, walked another five minutes, and ran one more mile; total of 5 miles today.

The run felt GREAT, so I'm psyched.  This goes to reinforce the lesson that I can't push the mileage too fast. 

On another related note which I will try to come back to, I have worn New Balance running shoes for nearly three years now.  The company is one of the only shoe brands that offers shoes with various widths, which for someone with wider-than-normal feet is a gold mine!  Anyways, I was on their website today after a friend told me about new shoes he had gotten recently and I found something that has increased my dedication to New Balance.  They have training schedules posted on their website for a 5k, 10k, half marathon, and marathon at three levels, beginner, intermediate, and advanced.  As a person fully supportive of healthy living, I am more than proud to find that they have these available to anyone that wants to try to run. 

Ok, gotta' run.

Ciao!!

No comments: