Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Let There Be Rock!!

...as only AC/DC can put it!

Negative points if you don't already know the song I've alluded to.  Even more negative points if you're asking yourself "where did he allude to a song?"

If this doesn't help, I'll pray for you.

Every Wednesday now I run a class I call "Step It Up."  It's a 25-minute aerobic bootcamp which involves a good mix of cardio, plyometrics, and the like.  The nice part about adding this class into my mix of training is that I get to choose the music!

However, that leaves me spending a week being super picky over what songs to play.  Do I play what I know I'd like or something more akin to what I hear coming from our spinning room at the gym?  Do I play a mix or choose themes for each day?

Here's a list of the songs I've used so far...

Class #1
Matchbox Twenty - How Far We've Come
Metric - Gold, Guns, Girls
Imagine Dragons - It's Time
The Eagles - Life in the Fast Lane
Green Day - Let Yourself Go
Fun - Carry On

Class #2
Young the Giant - My Body
Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue
Pink - You and Your Hand
Adam Lambert - Never Close Our Eyes
Bon Jovi - It's My Life
Fall Out Boy - I Don't Care
Blind Melon - No Rain

Class #3
Queen - We Will Rock You
Spiderbait - Black Betty
Kelly Clarkson - Stronger
Beastie Boys - Fight For Your Right
Nine Days - Back to Me
Let Go - Almost, Always Maybe
Daughtry - September


I was happy with how the second class's music turned out, but today's class seemed to fizzle in my mind musically.  Can't win 'em all, right?

But that's where I want to ask you...

What's your favorite song / album / mix to listen to while working out?
If you're going to jump around a ton for 25 minutes, what do you want to hear and what would you up and leave if you DID hear?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions
1.  What music do you listen to when you work out?
What type of music, what bands, what artists, any specific songs that really get you going?

2.  Do you have any musical suggestions?


Dream.  Believe.  Achieve. 

No comments: