The Jim Calhoun CardioRaiser Raffle
As some of you know, I will be participating in the Jim Calhoun CardioRaiser, a fundraiser for Autism Speaks. The event will be on Sunday, February 26th from 9am to 3pm and offer cardio activities including spinning, zumba, and any of the cardio machines that we offer at the gym.
As a registered participant and captain of The A Team, I am signed up for six hours of spinning. That's right, SIX HOURS! Am I nuts? Yes. Do I enjoy torture and making people think I'm a little crazy? Yes. But tell me, is there any place that I can have more fun and help more people all at the same time? Nope! So me and the wife will be spinning for six hours to raise money for a great cause!!
As a participant in the event, I also have a fundraising goal...
Simple, right? That's only 100 people donating $5 each and I'm set (or may boost the goal, who knows!). But instead of simply asking for your caring donations, I figured why not offer some awesome prizes for donations?! Let's not kid ourselves - who doesn't love athletic apparel and gear?! So here we go...
Thanks to the amazing people at Road ID and GU Energy Labs, I have 7+ prizes to give away.
First off, GU Energy Labs...
And Road ID...
- 2 $35 giftcards to Road ID
- 2 shirts (I have one vintage t-shirt and one "Wanna Go For a Ride?" Vintage t-shirt)
** See all the goods HERE **
How to enter (short & simple):
- $5 donation to Autism Speaks via the Jim Calhoun CardioRaiser HERE. That means $10 = 2 entries, $20 = 4 entries.
- Donations of $10 or more can be made online HERE. For donations of less than $10 or any desired to be made offline, pull up the "donation form" HERE or contact me at becominganironman @ hotmail (dot) com and we'll get you squared away to win.
- Leave a comment here or email me to let me know you donated
- Check back on February 27th to see if you won!
- You are not required to be a follower of my blog (but if you want to, go ahead).
- Let me know via comment, Facebook, or Twitter what prizes you want to win the most!
Excited about the GU products?, tweet the following...
I support @autismspeaks and am excited to win @GUEnergyLabs pb GU, GU brew, or chomps from @BecomeAnIronman http://bit.ly/woBxoEExcited about the Road ID products?, tweet the following...
I support @autismspeaks and am excited to win a @RoadID shirt, hat, or $35 eCard from @BecomeAnIronman http://bit.ly/woBxoE
And thank you in advance for your support, not only for making my six hours of torture on what I've come to discover is a rather stiff saddle on my Felt S22 worth the time, but for helping the CT chapter of Autism Speaks and all of those people in CT affected by Autism.
You get more used to the saddle over time, right?! (This could be a very l-o-n-g six hours!)
** A special thanks to the amazing people at Road ID, GU Energy Labs, and Outside PR! **
- The raffle is open to any resident of the United States
- Raffle drawings will be made on February 27th
- Entrants cannot win two identical prizes (i.e. You can't walk away with both of the Road ID eCards)
Swim fast. Bike smart. Run hard.