Wednesday, January 25, 2012

11 Random Things

I was tagged by Summer over at Blue Line Runner (who recently defected from Blogger to join Word Press.  Traitor!) in "Eleven Random Things."  Therefore, since the laws of nature dictate I must respond, similar to how Facebook has taken control of the laws of reality, here goes nothing...

Eleven Random Things

The rules of this post:
  1. Post these rules.
  2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
  3. Answer the questions set for you in the post you were tagged in.
  4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
  5. Go to their blog, FB page, or wherever you can grab their attention (smoke signals anyone?) and inform them of their obligation to the blogosphere.

Eleven Random Things About Myself...

  1. I have never lived paycheck to paycheck.  People who do surprise me.  It would make me so incredibly nervous to do so.
  2. I own a prehistoric flip phone and love it!  Everyone has their Android, blackberry, or now the iPhone and swears they're the best thing ever.  Call me old fashioned, but all I need a phone to do is get in touch with people via calls or text.  I don't need any more connection to Facebook or google.  If I could get rid of my phone, I would.
  3. Aside from when I lived at home, I've never had cable.  I like a lot of shows on tv, but if I sit down and watch tv I feel like I'm wasting time doing absolutely nothing productive.
  4. I spent more on my triathlon bike than I did my car and I'm proud of it!
  5. One of my biggest pet peeves is bad drivers.  The left lane is a passing lane, not a travel lane.  Use your blinkers and do so BEFORE you hit your brakes.  If you can't handle driving in the snow or rain, don't go out!  I'm still very much a NY driver. 
  6. I've read the entire Twilight series.  Yep, that's right.  The movies suck, but the books are great.
  7. I don't go to the movie theater unless it's free (gofobo.com).  Why pay $10 to see a movie?!
  8. I am afraid of bees.  I will deal with just about any animal, insect, or bug, but if it's a bee, I will calmly walk away while my body goes into cold sweats.  I got stung a bunch of times as a kid and have been afraid ever since.
  9. I had a job at the age of eleven.  Talk about child labor!  I delivered papers for 1.5 years.  
  10. Ever since I figured it out in 4th grade, I've been able to put both of my feet behind my head.  It will be a sad day when I find I've lost that flexibility.
  11. Craigslist is my shopping mall.  I browse the "free" section at least once a week.  I've bought and sold a ton of things through that site!


Eleven Random Questions Posed by Summer @ Blue Line Runner...
  1. What is your favorite meal to make?  Takeout.  I make the call, they deliver.  Best meal ever!
  2. Glass 1/2 full or glass 1/2 empty?  Glass?!  Do they make water bottles out of glass?
  3. Last picture on your phone?  My car in the snow storm CT just had this past weekend.
  4. If money was no issue, how many races would you try to do in a year?  Wow, a lot more than I do now!  Probably 2 Irons, 2 half irons, a couple half marys, 3 Olys, a handful of sprints, 5ks all the time, a couple adventure races a year (relays, obstacle, or adventure races)...  I'd go nuts! 
  5. Car, Truck, Van, or SUV?   Bike!
  6. Do you take part in any water sports?  Does the swim leg of a triathlon count?
  7. If you're walking down the street and find a $100 bill, what do you do with it?  I being debating...  Race entry or race travel?
  8. Favorite non-sports related thing to do?  Reading.  I love to relax with a good book. 
  9. Do you have pets?  Nope.  Used to have a beta fish named Pescado though.
  10. What is the last movie you went to a theater to see?  Anonymous, but only because it was free from gofobo.com.

My Random Questions to Those Tagged...

Colleen @ IRONDIVA
Michael @ Slowly Tri-ing

  1. What did you want to be when you were growing up?  What do you want to be now that you have grown up?
  2. If you came into a large fortune all of a sudden and were set for life, what is the first thing you would do?
  3. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
  4. Of all the places you've been - vacation, work, or any other reason - which was your favorite and why?
  5. What is your favorite time of day to exercise?
  6. Everyone has an innate fear.  What are you naturally afraid of?
  7. Which holiday is your favorite?, and why?
  8. It's Friday night and you have the whole weekend ahead of you, what do you do?
  9. What was the very last meal you ate?
  10. What is your big race this year?, and what is your goal for that race?
  11. What is the toughest aspect of training for you?  How do you overcome it?


Swim fast.  Bike smart.  Run hard. 

7 comments:

Meg O @watchmegorun said...

I always love reading peoples answers for these! Thx for tagging me, ill have to do it soon!

Emz said...

Flip phone. Holy crap.
Love that!!

Coy Martinez said...

I consider myself tagged!

I love that you have the flip phone and the bike. Throwbacks are awesome! I'm old school too! I'm the only one in my office that wont upgrade my Microsoft. Does that count? :)

Jill said...

Found your blog through tall mom. Excited to be a new follower. I have recently decided to focus on triathlons and maybe someday an ironman...

Looking forward to reading your blog.

Aimee said...

Love these posts! My husband and I both have the old school flip phones too. I love my phone!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Thanks for the Tag and your comment today.. I will get to work on it SOON..

5 Miles Past Empty said...

Love the snowy car!!! And YES! Do people not know that they left lane is the fast lane?

I dont have TV in my house either, and it's great!!!

Thanks for the tag!! Although I was tagged by 3 others this week so I posted answers on my FB page.!