Eleven Random Things
The rules of this post:
- Post these rules.
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions set for you in the post you were tagged in.
- Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- Go to their blog, FB page, or wherever you can grab their attention (smoke signals anyone?) and inform them of their obligation to the blogosphere.
Eleven Random Things About Myself...
- I have never lived paycheck to paycheck. People who do surprise me. It would make me so incredibly nervous to do so.
- I own a prehistoric flip phone and love it! Everyone has their Android, blackberry, or now the iPhone and swears they're the best thing ever. Call me old fashioned, but all I need a phone to do is get in touch with people via calls or text. I don't need any more connection to Facebook or google. If I could get rid of my phone, I would.
- Aside from when I lived at home, I've never had cable. I like a lot of shows on tv, but if I sit down and watch tv I feel like I'm wasting time doing absolutely nothing productive.
- I spent more on my triathlon bike than I did my car and I'm proud of it!
- One of my biggest pet peeves is bad drivers. The left lane is a passing lane, not a travel lane. Use your blinkers and do so BEFORE you hit your brakes. If you can't handle driving in the snow or rain, don't go out! I'm still very much a NY driver.
- I've read the entire Twilight series. Yep, that's right. The movies suck, but the books are great.
- I don't go to the movie theater unless it's free (gofobo.com). Why pay $10 to see a movie?!
- I am afraid of bees. I will deal with just about any animal, insect, or bug, but if it's a bee, I will calmly walk away while my body goes into cold sweats. I got stung a bunch of times as a kid and have been afraid ever since.
- I had a job at the age of eleven. Talk about child labor! I delivered papers for 1.5 years.
- Ever since I figured it out in 4th grade, I've been able to put both of my feet behind my head. It will be a sad day when I find I've lost that flexibility.
- Craigslist is my shopping mall. I browse the "free" section at least once a week. I've bought and sold a ton of things through that site!
Eleven Random Questions Posed by Summer @ Blue Line Runner...
- What is your favorite meal to make? Takeout. I make the call, they deliver. Best meal ever!
- Glass 1/2 full or glass 1/2 empty? Glass?! Do they make water bottles out of glass?
- Last picture on your phone? My car in the snow storm CT just had this past weekend.
- If money was no issue, how many races would you try to do in a year? Wow, a lot more than I do now! Probably 2 Irons, 2 half irons, a couple half marys, 3 Olys, a handful of sprints, 5ks all the time, a couple adventure races a year (relays, obstacle, or adventure races)... I'd go nuts!
- Car, Truck, Van, or SUV? Bike!
- Do you take part in any water sports? Does the swim leg of a triathlon count?
- If you're walking down the street and find a $100 bill, what do you do with it? I being debating... Race entry or race travel?
- Favorite non-sports related thing to do? Reading. I love to relax with a good book.
- Do you have pets? Nope. Used to have a beta fish named Pescado though.
- What is the last movie you went to a theater to see? Anonymous, but only because it was free from gofobo.com.
My Random Questions to Those Tagged...
Kristin @ Bigger Girls Can Run Too
Amanda @ 5 Miles Past Empty
Jess @ Run With Jess
Coy @ First in Philly
Matthew @ Go, Smitty, Go!!!
Erika @ This Spartan Will
Colleen @ IRONDIVA
Mel @ Tall Mom on the Run
Jill @ Run with Jill
Meg @ Watch MeGo Run
Michael @ Slowly Tri-ing
- What did you want to be when you were growing up? What do you want to be now that you have grown up?
- If you came into a large fortune all of a sudden and were set for life, what is the first thing you would do?
- What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
- Of all the places you've been - vacation, work, or any other reason - which was your favorite and why?
- What is your favorite time of day to exercise?
- Everyone has an innate fear. What are you naturally afraid of?
- Which holiday is your favorite?, and why?
- It's Friday night and you have the whole weekend ahead of you, what do you do?
- What was the very last meal you ate?
- What is your big race this year?, and what is your goal for that race?
- What is the toughest aspect of training for you? How do you overcome it?
Swim fast. Bike smart. Run hard.