Friday May 20th through Thursday May 26th
It may have taken me longer than expected, but HERE IT IS!
Let me just say that while I'm sure there are more than one of you racing this weekend,
MAN were you guys busy this past week with stories and tons of reviews and giveaways!
Enjoy your Memorial Day Weekend!!
1. Big Daddy Diesel has his first triathlon of the season coming up this weekend! Check him out HERE.
1. Breaking Ninja posted her race report from the White Lakes Half Iroman II HERE.
2. Helen @ Helen Phipps did a the St. Anthony's triathlon AND a swim portion of the Gulf Coast triathlon relay and murdered the swim! Check it out HERE.
3. AJH @ Age Groups Rock ran a Corporate Cup 5K. Check out her race report HERE.
4. Katie @ Run for the Bikini ran the Blue Point Brewery 5k. Read all about the race and their beers HERE.
5. Coy @ First in Philly ran the Scenic City Trail Half and is yet another trail runner that makes me want to join in! Check out her race report (and pictures) HERE.
6. Kevin @ Half Tri-ing has the race reports from the Rohto Ironman 70.3 HERE (swim), HERE (bike), and HERE (run).
7. Steve @ Steve in a Speedo?! Gross! of Team Happy Pants blessed the Gear West Duathlon with his presence grabbing another first place team finish! Check out the muddy photos HERE.
8. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Stephanie @ My Thorns Have Roses. Check her 29 birthday wishes out HERE.
9. Summer @ The Blue Line Runner raced her very first triathlon, the Lake Oconee Oly Tri and would you believe she won her age group?! Awesome job Summer!! Check out her race report HERE.
10. Evan @ Getting Off The Bench and Into The Triathlon raced his first triathlon and ended up in the ER. Now there's a story!! Check out his race report HERE.
1. Kristin @ Gotta Love Triathlon put together an awesome post looking at how to fuel for an Ironman. It's a lot to think about and work on, but totally manageable. Check it out HERE.
2. Are you a mind over body or body over mind based athlete? Danny @ A Quest for Running Perfection uses the book What I Talk About When I Talk About Running by Haruki Marakami and posted a video of his response. Check it out HERE.
3. Wondering how Ironman Texas panned out? Run Tri has the average times for all age groups HERE. How do you think you would have done?
4. Wondering how Ironman Lanzarote panned out? Run Tri has the average times for all age groups HERE. How do you think you would have done?
5. Ever wondered what the difference between an Ironman and Iron Girl race is? Austin @ Enjoy The Ride has the inside scoop! I must say these "Women's Only" races seem to be worth their while! Check it out HERE.
6. Danny @ A Quest for Running Perfection has a great post concerning mental toughness and comparing top racer's abilities. I can't say I like the comparison of specific stats outside of comparing yourself to a previous self, but it brings up topics of interest for sure. Check out his discussion HERE.
7. Have you heard of a 70.3 race called the Intimidator? Chloe @ Running With A Bottle of Wine has a picture of what I have to assume is the exact inspiration for the name of that race. Go over and check out the hill that is a part of the bike course HERE!!
8. Ever have Runner's Knee? Megan @ Watch MeGo Run posted some great info on some stretches and exercises to help alleviate the pain. Check it out HERE.
9. Self-Awareness. Troy @ Coach Troy Jacobson posted about the need for athletes to hone their skills of self-awareness and I cannot agree more with him. All the stats in the world won't do you justice if you're not self-aware. Check out his post HERE.
10. Can you name the top ten most commonly violated USAT rules? Kristin @ Gotta Love Triathlon posted them HERE. See how well you can do.
11. Danny @ A Quest for Running Perfection posted an AWESOME set of simple exercises for anyone who does a majority of cardio workouts during the week. As runners and triathletes, we all crave our cardio, but it's important to do some strength and circuit training to keep all of our muscle groups strong and healthy. Check out his exercises HERE. I'll be doing them myself now too.
12. Amanda @ Run to the Finish has a great post going over the differences and examples of low-profile running shoes. Check it out HERE.
13. Aimee @ I Tri To Be Me is even able to add to Amanda's info by offering points from a Minimalist/Barefoot Running Seminar that she attended recently with some pretty big name speakers. Check it out HERE.
14. You can still workout while you're pregnant. Steve @ Steve in a Speedo?! Gross! posted an article published about his wife Pharmie and her races while being pregnant HERE.
1. Do we (the athletic majority) need proof that fast food is bad for you? No. But it's worth a laugh anyways. Amanda @ Run to the Finish posted some hilarious images proving that fast food is in fact bad for you. Check it out HERE.
2. Steve @ Steve in a Speedo?! Gross! has another laugh for you; You're never too young to go aero! Check it out HERE.
3. Mel @ Tall Mom on the Run made a trip to a little ol' place called EUROPE! Wanna see some pictures? Check them out HERE.
4. Austin @ Enjoy the Ride read an article in Triathlete Magazine about exercises for swimming warm up and had a bit of his own opinion about them. For absolutely hilarious entertainment, click on over and check out his thoughts HERE.
5. Children say the darndest things. And then sometimes they say just the right thing to cheer you up! Stephanie @ My Thorns Have Roses needed some brightening and not once, but twice her daughters were able to be that little bit of sunshine. I love these stories!! Check it out HERE.
6. Megan @ Watch MeGo Run has a great post into the mind of a runner. Check out her thoughts on why we push ourselves so hard HERE.
1. Steve @ Steve in a Speedo?! Gross! has two entries into the ALARC Legends 5k/10k race for any local athletes to win. Check it out HERE.
2. Steve @ Steve in a Speedo?! Gross! has an H2O Audio giveaway HERE.
3. RDM @ Running Diva Mom has a Sunglass Warehouse giveaway HERE going through June 2nd.
4. RDM @ Running Diva Mom has a Yurbuds giveaway HERE going through June 2nd.
5. Amanda @ Run to the Finish has a Running Gear giveaway HERE.
6. RDM @ Running Diva Mom has a HeadSweats hat giveaway HERE.
7. Kristin @ Bigger Girls Can Run Too has a BondiBand giveaway HERE.
8. Megan @ Watch MeGo Run has an Allied Medal Display giveaway HERE.
9. Forward Foot Strides has a Body Glide giveaway HERE.
10. Amanda @ 5 Miles Past Empty has a Saucony shoe giveaway via OnlineShoes.com HERE.
11. The Hungry Runner Girl has a Moving Comfort sports bra giveaway HERE.
12. Kurt @ Becoming An Ironman has a UTag Sport Bracelet giveaway HERE.
1. RDM @ Running Diva Mom has a review of sunglasses from Sunglass Warehouse HERE.
2. RDM @ Running Diva Mom has a review of Ironman Yurbuds HERE.
3. Jess @ Run With Jess has a review of the book Run Less, Run Faster HERE.
4. Mel @ Tall Mom on the Run has a review of a pair of Keen shoes HERE.
5. Megan @ Watch MeGo Run has a review of a medal hanger from Allied Medal Displays HERE.
6. RDM @ Running Diva Mom has a review of a HeadSweats hat HERE.
7. Kristin @ Bigger Girls Can Run Too has a review of a BondiBand headband HERE.
8. Kurt @ Becoming An Ironman has a review of the UTag Sport Bracelet HERE.
Stay fit. Stay healthy.