Friday May 6th through Thursday May 12th
Ok, so not only did blogger go down, and posts get taken down, but it seems that even progress on saved posts even got erased. So I apologize for those who I originally had in this week's review, but are not not in it. I will do my best to go back through and edit it.
1. Amanda @ 5 Miles Past Empty is racing her first half Ironman, the White Lakes Half Iron II, this weekend. I will certainly be chomping at the bit for this race report! Check her out HERE.
2. Breaking Pace is also racing the White Lakes Half Iron. Check her out HERE. And guess what? So is their friend J-Ninja. So that makes this event a full Triple Threat! Good luck ladies!!
3. Megan @ Watch MeGo Run and Ryan are heading to San Fran this weekend for the Bay to Breakers 12k. Check them both out HERE.
4. Austin @ Enjoy the Ride is racing one of the new 5150 series triathlons this weekend, 5150 New Orleans. Despite the seeming lack of interest, the low numbers should mean a good day for racing. Check him out HERE. He had a pre-race report that got deleted.
1. RDM @ Running Diva Mom ran the Crazylegs Classic 8K. Check out her race report HERE.
2. Elizabeth @ New Mercies ran the Race for the Cure 5K and hit a new PR! Check out her race report HERE.
3. Kristin @ Bigger Girls Can Run Too ran the Race for the Cure 5K and even got a video of her sprint finish! Check out her race report HERE.
4. Amanda @ Run to the Finish ran the ALS 10k and despite running leisurely, she hit a two minute PR and finished third in her age group! Congrats Amanda. Check out her race report HERE. Congrats also to Mr. BMX who ran this as his first 10k.
5. UBER CONGRATS to EMZ @ If I Can't Convince You -- I'll At Least Confuse You who completed a full 24 hours on the treadmill for an awesome cause! Check her out HERE.
6. A Runner's Road ran the most unique distance race I've ever seen - 3.5 miles. Points for being different I guess. Congrats to her for her first road race! Check her out HERE.
7. Danny @ A Quest for Running Perfection ran a marathon and came up with THE most unique race report I've ever seen. Enter the Marathon Battle HERE.
8. "Teta" Menas "Booby" in Spanish raced NE Season Opener Duathlon and grabbed 2nd in her age group, 7th woman overall!! Check out her race report HERE.
9. Karen @ Working It Out... raced the Tri The Farm Triathlon and put another 2nd place finish in the bag for this week's finishers. Awesome job Karen! Check out her race report HERE.
10. Kris @ @Endurance raced Newark Jacyees 5K, got a new PR, and placed 4th overall. He also ran his first half marathon, the Cap City Half Marathon. Awesome job Kris. Check him out HERE.
11. Big Daddy Diesel raced the Athletes in Action Aquabike and took home the third 2nd place finish of the week! We have a Tic-Tac-Toe of 2nd place finishes!! Awesome Job BDD! Check out his race report HERE.
12. Congrats to Tawnee @ Tri*Tawn for being perfectly on schedule with her "life plan" and also landing an awesome new apartment. You're gonna' love it! Check her out HERE.
13. Heather @ Run Faster Mommy completed her Bachelor's in Exercise and Sports Science. Check out her graduation race report (seriously, check it out, it's awesome!) HERE.
14. Jess @ Run With Jess ran the Susan G. Komen Race For The Cure 5K. Check out her race report HERE.
15. Richelle @ Running Towards A Higher Calling ran the Verd Anez Benefit 5K. Check out her race report HERE.
16. RDM @ Running Diva Mom ran the Lake Monona 20k. Check out her race report HERE.
1. RunTri posted results from Ironman St. George and I find it very interesting that of the male age groupers, the 30-34 age division logged the fastest average time. The 18-24 year old women were the fastest in their gender. It's interesting to find sports where youth isn't always the winning factor. Check it out HERE.
I had a couple other articles here. I will try to find them, but until Blogger fixes itself, I may be unable to remember what they were (or find them).
1. What do you do with your old running shoes? Amanda @ Run to the Finish talks about her separation anxiety with her shoes and offers a great place for shoe donation. Check it out HERE.
2. Steve @ Steve in a Speedo?!... Gross! posted about an awesome story including a local pro triathlete and a flying tackle. You might want to check this one out! Check it out HERE.
3. Thoughts on runner's stomach? Megan @ Watch MeGo Run has been having some stomach issues on her recent runs and would love to hear any advice you have. Drop her a line HERE.
4. Steve @ Steve in a Speedo?!... Gross! is going to the TC 1 Mile to cheer on his wife and another couple of contestant by the name of Hall; Sara Hall and Ryan Hall. Not only will Steve get to see Ryan attempt a sub-4 minute mile, but he might get to chat with him at the luncheon beforehand. Steve, we expect a full report! haha Check Steve out HERE.
5. EMZ @ If I Can't Convince You -- I'll At Least Confuse You started writing her race report from the 24 hour treadmill run and personally, I could read this for hours! Check out part one HERE. Part two was taken down by Blogger, but I'm sure another version will appear.
1. The Hungry Runner Girl has a New Balance Shoe Giveaway HERE.
2. Tonia @ Racing With Babes has a Keen Shoes giveaway going through Monday the 23rd HERE.
3. Amanda @ Run to the Finish has a Runningsocks.com giveaway HERE.
4. Katherine @ Forward Foot Strikes has a Bondi Band & Sock giveaway HERE.
1. Matt @ Chronicles of Matt has a review of the Zensah Compression Shorts HERE.
2. Kevin @ Half Tri-ing has a review of the Ultimate Direction Wasp & Wink hydration backpacks HERE.
Stay fit. Stay healthy.