Yesterday I revisited the gym since I'm having issues with a shin splint in my left leg. I figured I'd give it a day off and hop back on some research into why the heck I'm all of a sudden unable to avoid these things. But anyways, I had a short workout yesterday before Chicago's opening night.
Warm-Up: Treadmill - 2 min @ 4mph, 8 min @ 8.5 - 11.0 mph, 2 min. @ 4mph
1. Dumbbell Press (10,10,6 reps with 55 lbs)
2. Seated Bicep Curls (10,10,5 reps with 45 lbs)
3. Tricep Bench Dips (20 reps)
Repeated #1-3 for a total of three sets
4. Side Plank Twists (5 reps on each side)
5. Crunch-Ups (10 situps & 10 crunches)
6. Russian Twists (20 reps with 10 lbs)
Repeated #4-6 for a total of three sets
8. Vertical Tricep Dips (3 sets of 10 reps)
I've been trying to be religious about icing/heating my legs, stretching after working out, and maintaining form as much as possible during my runs, but I continually get shin splints. If anyone has ideas on preventative measures to avoid these buggers, I would greatly appreciate it. They are really ruining my training.
Time to go play in the newly fallen snow!