Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Four Days and Counting!


Only four days left.  I can't believe I fly out in two days.  I'll be in Las Vegas by Thursday afternoon!  Obviously given the amount of time left, I've cut down my workouts this week.  I actually drove to work on Sunday and will do so again today (*gasp*).  I haven't done much running lately because I started getting a shin splint.  I figured I'd rather rest it. 

I also went ahead and took a look at the possible weather for the race.  Let me just say that I'm not exactly thrilled with the prediction.


It's only 30% chance, but what used to only be a chance of rain on Friday and Saturday has stretched out into next week!  If anything, I hope it will hold off until the run.  On the bright side though, I might not have to deal with temperatures in the 90's and 100's!  Yay!



Stay fit.  Stay healthy.  Stay safe. 

5 comments:

Kerri said...

Good luck Kurt!!! I'll be working at one of the aid stations, not sure which one yet. I haven't done ANYTHING since Irongirl....I'm such a slacker!! Gotta start training for the half-marathon in December. Fingers crossed for good weather this weekend!!! On the bright side....it's cooler!

Matthew Smith said...

I'd rather race in the rain rather than the blazing heat any day. Good luck, Kurt! It's gonna be amazing! I'm rooting for you all the way!

Shelby said...

GO GO GET EM!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer Spadafora said...

Good luck!!! The rain def beats 100°+ temps! No doubt though, you will rock it!

Courtney said...

Good luck!!! Can't wait to hear how it goes!!!