Saturday, September 17, 2011

Dear Summer...


Dear Summer,

I know you and I have not been the best of friends in the past.  For years you watched me hanging out and laughing with fall and winter.  I admit I somewhat dreaded your arrival at that time of my life.  I'm sorry for what hurt I caused you then.  But these past three months have been nothing short of amazing.  Your warming rays upon my skin as I swam, biked, and ran...  Without your presence, I would have been utterly lost.  I really felt you and I finally connected. 

I was heart broken to have seen you go so quickly and without warning.  One day I'm basking in your soothing warmth and the next, I'm layered up battling the chilling touch of fall.  I am lost by your sudden disappearance and can only hope that you've lost your way and do plan on returning very shortly.

If you can find it in yourself, please come back at least for a month or so.  I don't want to pull our my winter gear yet.

Yours truly,
Kurt

4 comments:

Aimee said...

I could have written that same letter! I REALLY hope we don't go right from summer to winter here...a little Fall would be nice!

Anonymous said...

Indian Summer.

That's you're only hope at this point.

Michael said...

Love this. I miss summer already too. How quickly have I forgotten those 100+ degree days...I would take them back in a heartbeat though.

Ron said...

ok but race report?