Thursday, January 6, 2011

Workouts

Yesterday I did a sort of double workout; I went to the gym AND ran.

My workout
Warm Up: Treadmill; 2 minutes at 4mph, 10 min @ 7.5-8.0 mph, 2 min @ 10-11 mph. (total = 1.6 miles)
1.  Dumbell Press (10 reps with 50 lbs)
2.  Seated Bicep Curl (10,10,5 reps with 45 lbs)
3.  Tricep Bench Dip (20 reps)
Repeated #1-3 for a total of three sets

4.  Side Plank Twists (5 reps on each side)
5.  Crunch-Ups (10 situps & 10 crunches)
6.  Russian Twists (20 reps with 10 lbs)
Repeated #4-6 for a total of three sets

7.  Stretching
8.  Outdoors - ran 2.0 miles

I was a bit short on time, so I wasn't able to do a leg set at the gym.  I figured running afterward would somewhat make up for that.  Then on the run, I was cutting short on time as well or else I would have gone further than 2.0 miles; I felt great the last half a mile. 

I may not make it to the gym today, but I plan on running - maybe somewhere around 3-3.5 miles.  Either way though, I've got that morning after soreness which is GREAT!  Love the pain.

Stay fit!

No comments: