Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Late Night Laps

My day today began by waking up on a pull out couch in my dayclothes.  You can tell it's going to be a good day when that happens!

Last night after work I went to the tail end of a friend's birthday party.  It was a bit of a drive and by the time the party wound down it was late, so I decided to sleep there and drive back in the morning.  Then after waking up I was informed of the incredible ice storm CT was forecasted to have; yay!  Everyone still at the apartment either had work canceled or called off - I on the other hand packed myself up, drove home, got ready, and went to work.  It doesn't help that I currently work as a door-to-door marketing associate.

Anyways, I braved the cold, rain, and ice, and made it through my day at work.  After I got out, I rushed home, changed, grabbed my gym bag, and sped down to the gym.  I managed to get 1500 yards (0.85 miles) in within a thirty minutes; not bad if I do say so myself.  I certainly could have used more of a cool down and possible a bit slower of a build up early in the workout, but when the gym closes 45 minutes after you arrive, there's only so much you can do.  If I can get myself up tomorrow, I'm hoping to get a short lifting workout in before a full swim workout.


My Workout:
250 Warmup
5 x 50s easy on 0:50
5 x 50s drill/swim on 0:55
10 x 25s mid with 10s rest
5 x 50s free/stroke on 0.55
250 cool down
TOTAL: 1500 yrds (0.85 miles)

No comments: