Saturday, July 30, 2011

"You Are So Anal..."

...not words you'd look forward to hearing from your boss.  
Am I right?

I would venture to guess those are words you wouldn't really look forward to hearing from anyone.  But you'll have to trust me when I say that they were said with a background of a chuckle.  My boss likes me...  We just don't really understand each other's quirks from time to time. 

"You are so anal about recycling!"


In short, I'm the guy at work who yells at my coworkers for throwing away plastic bottles.  I'll fish out the water bottles of our members from the trash.  I've even put in a request to our corporate office asking for some recycling signs. 

Can you blame a guy for wanting to do a little good for Mother Earth?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question
1.  Do you recycle?  What do and don't you recycle?
I have a box for paper under my desk, a collection for bottles, cans, plastics etc., all old clothing is donated, and all car parts (brake pads, rotors, etc.) get taken to scrap metal yards.

2.  Does your place of work recycle? 
We recycle plastic bottles.  I'm looking into adding paper and cardboard to the bin. 

Stay fit.  Stay healthy.  Stay safe. 

7 comments:

5 Miles Past Empty said...

Ha hah hahaaaa!! I so get this!! People tell me all the time, "I know your not from here, not only do you talk funny but you ask Where's the Recycling?"

I, ME, I talk funny? Have you ever heard the way these southerners talk???

Keep recycling! Mother Earth is thankful!!!! =)

TriGirl said...

We recycle quite a bit because a few years ago someone started working for us who put things in place so we recycle more than just paper :) It's great.

JC said...

yes! both my roomie and I are pretty intense on the recycling front. Our county recently opened some sort of "advanced" recycling center, so now we don't even have to seperate by cans/bottles/paper. There's really no excuse for anyone. :)

Anonymous said...

I;m a HUGE recycler! I can't say I'm an "Enviromentalist" I do believe in this!

Coy Martinez said...

I'm in charge of recycling where I work. Why waste all that stuff? That's just being lazy.

I'm sure you probably haven't seen it and I I'll try and find it on youtube but there's this funny part in that movie (500) Days of Summer about being anal. I laugh all the time thinking about it.

SupermomE13 said...

I thin it's a good thing to be anal about. :)

Run with Jess said...

Keep it up - our Mother is worth it! I work from home, and yes, we recycle everything! My college was a big Natural Resources college, so it's been engrained in me ever since!! I find it so bizarre to visit friends' homes and they recycle NOTHING, not even aluminum, which we turn in for $$$.