The final stretch is here!
You know what that means...
It's prediction time!
Here's the deal. I've never done a Half Ironman, which is how most of my races seem to go up to this point (a lot of "firsts"), but nonetheless I love to spend incredible amounts of time sitting down and coming up with time predictions. I have my own predictions as to what will happen come race day, but I want to know what YOUR thoughts are.
Will I win the race in four hours flat or will I trudge in around hour eight?
Will I have as good a day on the bike as I thought?
Will the new transition setups be easier or more confusing for me?
I have no idea.
And what better way to get your thoughts than to tempt you with a giveaway. Am I right? Everyone loves free stuff. But here's the catch, I have no idea what it is I'm going to give away. Think of it as Pandora's Box, but nothing to do with the Pandora jewelry 'cause that shit is expensive. All I'll say is I will have my eyes open this weekend at the race.
Here's the deal
- Predict my overall finishing time at the Ironman 70.3 Providence this coming Sunday (I would encourage break downs of that time as well - swim, bike, run, and transition times).
- Only one prediction per person counts though you're more than welcome to add extras just for fun if you'd like (First prediction counts as official entry).
- Must be a follower of this blog.
- Get your prediction in by 12AM midnight Sunday morning / Saturday night.
- I will post my own personal predictions Sunday morning before heading to transition.
- Follow my race progress Sunday at www.ironman.com (race begins at 6AM)
- Closest time to my official finish time wins.
Here are the distance details in case you are not familiar:
1.2 mile swim
56 mile bike
13.1 mile run
Feel free to make use of my previous race reports and times as you'd like. And feel free to break the overall time down if you'd like (Danny, I expect spreadsheets and graphs from you.), but only the final counts as your official entry.
Let's hear it!
Who's going to be the closest?!
Mumbo-Jumbo Small Print Details
- Giveaway is open to anyone with an address in the U.S. or Canada.
- Entrants must be alive to claim prize
- Entrants with previously established psychic ability are ineligible.
- Entrants who work for fast food chains are ineligible (It's my giveaway, I can do what I want!)
Stay fit. Stay healthy. Stay safe.