Friday, February 4, 2011

Catch Up

I just keep falling further and further behind...  I feel like my favorite swimming drill, like I'm always playing "catch up."

Due to being overly tired and having a slight sore throat, today is a rest day (which is why I'm able to type this up at a "normal" hour).  As you saw in one of my previous blogs, my mornings are essentially wake up, gym, breakfast, go to work.  Then I don't get back until 9:30, I go back to the gym, make dinner, and sleep.  I decided to double up one of my workouts recently - I ran a 5k and then jumped in the pool - and I'm still trying to regain my energy loss. haha  Working outdoors 6+ hours a day can really make things interesting.

Aaaaaand as soon as I think I have a morning to stay home, catch up on the blog, relax, and what not, I get a call and I have to head out early for an errand.  haha  Oh life!

Here's a recap on my workouts this week.

Saturday's Workout:
SWIMMING
1.  500 Warm Up
2.  1,2,3,4,3,2,1 Pyramid - Swim
3.  10 x 50s - hard down, stroke back
4.  500 Cool Down
TOTAL: 1900 yds

Monday's Workout:
1.  2 min. walk at 4mph
2.  3.1 mile (5k) run at 8.0 - 9.0mph
3.  2 min. walk at 4mph
4.  Stretching


** Monday night LA Fitness decided to be whimps and close early.  They also did not open Tuesday until after 12 noon **



Tuesday's Workout:

1.  2 min. walk at 4mph
2.  4.0 mile run at 8.0 - 9.5mph
3.  2 min. walk at 4mph

Wednesday's Workout
1.  2 min. walk at 4mph
2.  3.0 mile run at 8.0-8.5 mph
3.  2 min. walk at 4mph

SWIMMING
1.  500 Warm up (free, back, breast)
2.  1,2,3,4,3,2,1 Pyramid - drill down, swim back
3.  1,2,3,4,3,2,1 Pyramid - Speed
4.  50 Cool down (I ran late on time)
TOTAL: 1350 yds


I've got a few friends who have recently showed interest in coming to workout with me, mostly people who would like to go to the gym but simply have no done it in awhile.  So I'm excited to be able to help them get back into it.  Hopefully at least one of them will find something worth while to stick to. 

Until next time (hopefully soon), stay fit!  Stay healthy!

No comments: