Thursday, December 30, 2010

Ironman Here I Come

Today is a bit of a scatter.

First off, I hope you all are having the perfect holiday season whether it be Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa, simply time off of work, or anything else.  I got to go home for the first time in a year and it was great to relax and visit family and friends I haven't seen in various lengths of time.

Second, I will be away again for New Years.  For Christmas I was in upstate NY and for New Years I will be in New York City; call it a New York holiday for me.  But I will be back shortly after the new year with PLENTY to talk about. 

Lastly, I am officially registered for my first Ironman event, the Ironman 70.3 Rhode Island on July 10th, 2011.  It's exciting to finally have it scheduled and in the books, but I have a LOT of training to do over the next 7 months!  This will also serve as my first test as to how the full training schedule is going to work out for the complete Ironman lifestyle I've got set up now.  Next year is a full Ironman and I plan on devoting even more time on that training, so hopefully the next seven months go smoothly. 

Here's to health, challenges, and the daily reinvention of one's self. 

QuestionWhat is your New Years Resolution?

I've never had a resolution of my own until after the new year.  So in following tradition, I'd love to hear about your new years resolutions in order to give me ideas of what I could try.

1 comment:

CupCake@ Bigger Girls Can Run Too said...

My New Year's Resolution is to focus on being healthier and sticking to my plans of action in order to become healthier (i.e., fitness routine, nutrition, etc).

I'm also resolving to not stress as much this year and to keep better in touch with people than I have in the past.