Saturday, December 11, 2010

Check-In Saturday

Check-In
Date: December 11th, 2010
Scheduled Mileage: 25.5 miles
Actual Mileage Logged: 23.4
Mileage Difference: -2.1 miles

I logged another 3.6 miles today, but I still fell short of this week's mark.  I'm not disappointed at all though.  I completed the base mileage and still tacked on an extra 3.2 miles on top of that, so I'm on my way.  Just means I have to tack on a bit more in the coming weeks to make up for it.  But overall, if I got behind anywhere, I would have predicted it to be the first couple weeks.  You really don't want to increase your mileage too fast.  It could result in shin splints, a stress fracture, burn out, muscle aches, etc.  I've got a slight feeling of shin splints which I will be icing and heating today, but overall I'm feeling good

Tomorrow is supposed to be the Christopher Martin's 5k race in New Haven.  I was informed today that online registration is closed.  That means I'm supposed to register in person in New Haven today; not exactly sure what's going to happen with that, but I'll keep ya' posted.  Either way, I think the three of us who planned to run could still manage to map out a 5k and just run it ourselves if push comes to shove (wherever that phrase came from). 

Ok, it's time I attempted to make a dent in this hunger I have.  Then off to do some holiday shopping.  Does anyone have any really cool or unique gift ideas they came up with this year for someone?

Ciao!

No comments: