Thursday, May 30, 2013

TTT: Road ID, Ideal Jobs, and Taper!

Road ID

I finally decided on color for my new Road ID Sport Band.  Red.

Too bad the red band is out of stock until June 10th (post Rev3)!  So it was onto my second choice, sticking with yellow!


And with a new band, I get lots of discount codes!!  Below are the codes that are valid for $1 off any Road ID order.  If you've debated getting one of these essentials of endurance sports, this is the time to do it!

ThanksKurt27015948  (Can be used 20 times through June 19th)
TAF8WW2GWY  (Valid on orders of $10 or more)
TAFT7ATVCM  (Valid on orders of $10 or more)
TAFBCEQRD7  (Valid on orders of $10 or more)
BG9942  (Expires 12/31/14)


The Best Job In The World

As we all know, the best job on planet Earth is held by the Weatherman.  You can be wrong most of the time, change your mind every time you open your mouth, and everyone makes excuses for you.  No one else gets that kind of leniency!!

Below is the 10-Day forecast (LEFT) and 5-Day forecast (RIGHT) for the Quassy race this Sunday.


I had braced myself for a hot race with no rain.  Now the chance of rain keeps creeping up!  At least the precipitation is bringing the forecasted high down. 


Taper!

This is the best part of the entire season!  It would not be as awesome as it is without the punishing workouts in the base, build, and other sections of training, but what could be better than your training schedule telling you to take a nap and eat.  If only I could do that all year round and be in as good of shape. 

On top of that, it is mentally satisfying seeing my comfortable paces come down.  The other day I did a 3 mile run that I usually can do at an easy 7:00 pace or push to close to 6:00 if I REALLY want to.  I ran it comfortably and hit a 6:40 pace.  It certainly brings my hopes up for race day!!

But all good things must come to an end.  The week post-Rev3 will be a transition and then a rather ramped re-build period before IMLP training camp three weeks post-Rev3, HITS North Country 4 weeks post-Rev3, and the next A Race, IMLP 8 weeks post-Rev3.  So I'll look forward to 6.5 weeks post-Rev3 when I re-enter the taper period; as long as the build goes the way I'd like. 


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions
1.  Do you have a Road ID?  Which kind and what color?
I've had a Sports Band since 2011 in purple and yellow.  Red is up next once they're in stock when I need a replacement.  I'm debating switching to the Elite though.

2.  What do you think the best job in the world is?  How far out do you consider the forecast dependable?
I admit I've got a pretty awesome job!  And I usually consider a three day forecast relatively dependable.  Gotta wait 'till Friday.

3.  What's your favorite part of the training season?  Is it base, build, the race itself, the off-season, or something else?


Dream.  Believe.  Achieve. 

No comments: