Friday, May 10, 2013

RECIPE BOOK: Flourless Banana Pancakes

This recipe came to me from one of my running clients who happens to eat a Paleo diet.  The idea was to make a pancake without using flour or any processed ingredients; I would have never thought it'd be so simple.  On top of that, it's so incredibly healthy AND delicious that I feel like I'm cheating on "cheat day" food. 

Flourless Banana Pancakes

INGREDIENTS

1 ripe banana, blended
2 eggs
1/2 tsp Almond Extract

ADDITIONS
1 - 2 tsp ground Cinnamon
10 blackberries, raspberries, or 20 blueberries, blended
Almonds, chopped
Strawberries, fresh (garnish)


INSTRUCTIONS

Cut banana into slices and blend until smooth.  Add eggs and extract and blend well.  Add berries or spices if you'd like.  Pour into non-stick pan over low heat and top with crushed almonds.  Allow to cook for approximately 2 - 3 minutes or until solid enough to flip.  Cook for an additional minute or two and remove.

Batter makes 3-4 pancakes.  

Notes
Flavoring is 100% up to your taste and imagination.  The original recipe called for Vanilla extract, but I was out, so I went with Almond; best coincidental switch ever!


 Blueberry Banana Pancakes with Almond Extract

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions
1.  What's your favorite breakfast food?

2.  What do you add to pancake batter?
Fruit, chocolate chips, nuts, or something more unique?


Dream.  Believe.  Achieve. 

2 comments:

Alyssa Duhe said...

ooooo I am totally doing this! Paleo people are creative.

Erin Boisvert said...

I added a little almond meal and blended further after the first pancake came out thinner than I'd prefer (couldn't flip it). They turned out super yummy :)