Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Euphoria!

LIVE

The past is behind you and the future will always be out of reach, so all you have is the present. Be a part of it!!

Today I went for a short run. I've done plenty of short runs before. I ran this exact route yesterday even. But today, after getting through the transition of that first mile, I was overcome with happiness. Motorists were looking at me with odd faces as I climbed a hill with a big smile on my face. I wasn't going super fast (I was actually slower than yesterday), nor was I going super far. I was just going and it made me happy.

Sure, there were "happy" chemicals coursing through me, training has me increasingly delirious during workouts, and I'm just bat sh*% crazy to begin with, but for whatever reason today's run signified a change to me. Life felt like it clicked in that moment.

Some people need a purpose. Other people need to believe in something bigger. Even more will search their entire lives for an explanation. Today, all I needed was that run. The ground beneath my feet, the air in my lungs, and the world all around me laid out like an adult playground.


Life is good.
=D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions
1.  Have you ever had a euphoric moment?  
Do share!!


Dream.  Believe.  Achieve.  

1 comment:

Coy Martinez said...

I've been like that the past week! So happy to be doing whatever.