Thursday, August 22, 2013

Surprise Packages

Don't you just love surprises?!

I get home last night and there's a package for me.  It's about the size of a bread box and all I can determine is that it came from Seattle.  I rattle my brain...

"What did I order?!"

Nothing!  I've thought about new cycling shoes.  I've looked up a lot of hydration packs.  But I never ordered any of them.

"Who do I know in Seattle?"

Could this be from someone I know?  I don't know anyone in Seattle.  Maybe it was just ordered from Seattle, but it's from someone here.  I have no idea.  This is troubling!!  I eventually put my stuff down and just open the box.






It's a pair of Zoot Ultra TT 6.0 shoes.  But why?!  I never ordered a pair.  I tried them on in Placid, but they didn't have my size.  Even if they did order them without my permission, I never gave them my address.  Hmmmm....  I dig into the box and find the packaging sheet.

"Winner."  There's barely anything on the sheet, but the shoe info.  However, "Winner" is in part of the info.  Did I win these shoes?  Shouldn't I have known they were coming?

Oh!  Wait!  Zoot had one of those 'Comment on our Facebook post' contests recently.  Did I get picked for that?!  ...cool.

Now, with no pre-warning, I am now the proud owner of the Zoot Ultra TT 6.0 shoes.  I now have three pairs of running shoes in rotation.  Haha.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions
1.  Do you like surprises?
I love surprises, but I rarely get super excited about them.  

2.  Do you run in Zoots?  If not, is there a Zoot model you'd like to try out?
These are the shoes I had presumed will replace my beloved Pearl Izumi Streak IIs.  However, PI just announced two new models to their EM line.


 DREAM.  BELIEVE.  ACHIEVE.  

No comments: