Saturday, October 16, 2010

Tear It Down To Rebuild

Today I went to the gym early.  I could tell that my muscles weren't as strong as the past couple days by the fact that I wasn't able to hold up on reps for a few exercises, but that just means I'm doing my job in tearing them down.  I will rest tomorrow and let them heal.

Reps & Weights:
Warm up: 1 mile forward and 0.5 mile backwards on an elliptical
1.  Dumbbell Press (10,9,8 reps with 50lbs/arm)
2.  Bicep Curls (10 reps with 25lbs)
.....** Repeat 1 & 2 for a full three sets

3.  Gravity Rower (10 reps with 45lbs)
4.  Horizontal Overhead Lat (10 reps with 40lbs)
5.  Trecip Bench Dips (20 reps)
.....** Repeat 3-5 for a full three sets

6.  Pull-Down Triceps (3 sets of 10 reps with 50lbs)
7.  Vertical Overhead Lats (3 sets of 10,5,5 reps with 50lbs)

8.  Crunch Ups (3 sets of 10 situps & 10 crunches)
9.  Side Turns (10 reps)
10. Pectoral Fly (3 sets of 10,10,7 reps with increasing weight [70, 90, and 110 lbs])


Lifting Injury

I got a crick in my neck (or very upper back depending on how you describe it) while lifting today.  I wanted to let you guys know that if it happens to you - if you seem to get a crick, pinch a nerve or something of that sort - heat is the best cure.  It is most likely that a muscle tightened too much or something got crossed and you need to let it relax.  So I will personally lay on a heat pad periodically throughout the day 'till it's gone.  The alternative is to get a massage, which will certainly help, but that's also a more expensive option.

Be fit.  Be safe.  Ciao!

No comments: