Wednesday, July 31, 2013

I am a Two Time Ironman

11:52:53


I SURVIVED.  It wasn't a pretty race.  Some parts were great, some manageable, and others were just horrid.  And of course in hindsight, I'm looking ahead to which race I'll do next year (Boulder has unfortunately sold out), but throughout the race I kept asking myself one question which I never got a full answer to...

"Why do I do this?"

Sometimes you never really know.  ...you just do.

So while I'm in the midst of unpacking (yes, I'm still unpacking my gear), cleaning, getting life back in order, and recovery, I will work on the race report.  Don't you worry, it'll be up!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions
1.  Why do you race? (and what do you race?)
I race to see how much I can do and what I can accomplish.

2.  Let's take bets!  How long until you think I'm back to training?
I give myself two weeks before being back to real training; a week until I'm back to recovery workouts.


Dream.  Believe.  Achieve. 

8 comments:

Michael said...

Congrats on finish #2!! Is that finish line photo with the medics?

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Nice time!
Congrats

ajh said...

Congratulations! Can't wait for the report.

Caroline said...

Bravo to you!
Medics at the end??? Hope you were ok..

My Boring Triathlon Blog said...

great time

see you at IMMT 2014

Coy Martinez said...

Congrats!! That's blazing fast!! Only a few hours off the pro's!!

Bron said...

awesome work! my dietician raced at IMLP - she said it was hard bloody work!

Why do we race? For that single split second as we reach the finish line. When all the training, hard work, lack of sleep, lack of social life, early mornings and discipline come to fruition. That moment when you are flying and nothing can hurt you. That moment that makes it all worthwhile.

Karen said...

Congratulations!!! super fast :)