Monday, June 13, 2011

Serious Recover Mode

I am alive!

I survived the inaugural New England Relay.
I will soon tell the tale. 

However, in the mean time I am in serious recovery mode!  To make a long story short (that will become MUCH longer at a later point in time), I was not adequately trained for this, ditched my race strategy about two steps into my run, paid a price for that, but had an absolute BLAST doing it.

I spent this morning aqua... stumbling/walking in the pool and heat packing legs just so I could make it through work today.  I have tomorrow off and I made an appointment for a massage, YAY!! 

I hope everyone had half as awesome a weekend as I did because that would kick ass!


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions
1.  What did you do this weekend?
Yes, I am VERY behind on blogs.  So fill me in so I know what to go back and read up on!

2.  What has been your favorite race thus far?, and what made it so awesome?
Was it just a day when things clicked, the location, the bling, post-race food, or the racers?


Stay fit.  Stay healthy.  Stay safe.

8 comments:

Richelle said...

Glad you survived the relay! Can't wait to read about it!

I assembled wedding invitations this weekend and included a 10K race in my 8-plus mile training run on Saturday.

Favorite race is Nike Women's Half in San Francisco. The location was beautiful, the swag awesome, and I felt really great for the whole race. Best destination race ever!

Mark said...

Just did my first brick. Suggestions about how to make rubber legs run like normal legs?

Fave race has to be the TC 10 mile in Minneapolis and St. Paul (starts in one end in the other). The course is beautiful, and I crushed all of my expectations for the race.

Kevin said...

I did the FL Challenge 70.3 in Clermont. And it was HOT!!

Kevin
HalfTRIing.blogspot.com

Matthew Smith said...

I hope your recovery is amazing. Can't wait for the RR.

JC said...

So cool! What an awesome experience, I cant wait to hear the full story :)

This weekend I ran my first half marathon in Lake Placid. It was a.w.e.s.o.m.e. Now I'm totally hooked!

Ironmom (Julie) said...

Congrats, and I'm glad you had fun! I started my taper and tried not to think about my race, did a bunch of work and tried not to think about my race, then thought about my race and had a panic attack. Good times.

Elizabeth said...

Looking forward to reading the full report.. post-event massages are simply the best, and well deserved.

ajh said...

This weekend I became a Duathlete! And I would say it was one of my favorite races. I always love the Vermont City Marathon too in any form.