Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Happy National Running Day

Today is...
June 1st, 2011

Do you run?  Are you an addicted marathoner or maybe just a weekend recreational 5k runner?  Have you never run before but want to start?  Today is your chance to celebrate endorphins, health, happiness, and the pounding of our feet on the pavement, grass, gravel, and treadmill.

Get out today and run!  Run 10 feet.  Run an ultramarathon.  It doesn't matter how far, just run! 

As today's question, I want you guys to finish the following sentence...


Why do you run?  "I Run... (your reason here)"

I run in order to reach the feeling of pure freedom.  Call it runner's high or whatever you like, but I can't get enough of it!




Stay fit.  Stay healthy. 

12 comments:

Tri-James said...

I 'celebrated' at 5AM this morning.

Mark said...

I run because I run. There is no reason needed. I just run.

Jennifer Spadafora said...

Going to get out tonight after a cold front moves through! Damn humidity.

I run: because with 3 kids, it's the only time I have to myself!

Anonymous said...

Well I swam this morning.. I'll run later

Samantha said...

I run...for frozen yogurt and lots of chocolate. Just kidding! :)

I run to feel good and give myself a healthy future!

CupCake@ Bigger Girls Can Run Too said...

I run for a better me- physically, mentally, emotionally.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I will run tonight, suppose to bike, maybe I can do both

Matthew Smith said...

That's it...I'll be running tonight!

ajh said...

I run to stay in shape for racing because I LOVE to race. Running keeps me sane and healthy as I get older.

Richelle said...

I run to be the person I never thought I would be.

it's all about pace said...

Running completes me... :-)

I run to stay away from the fat version of me...

I run for therapy

I run to get a tan...

I run because it is a day that ends in "Y"

Chelsea said...

Hooray National Running Day!! I ran 3 miles after work before rehearsal (wish I could have celebrated more.)
Hmm.. I think my sticker needs to be bigger to fit all the reasons why I run!! I run...
Because I LOVE it!
Because I love to be outside
Because I want to be faster, go farther, and see what my body can do!
Because it's super fun!
Because more often than not, at some point during a run, I will spontaneously and involuntarily be sporting the HUGEST smile ever, because I completely content and excited to be doing what I love most!
Also... because I LOVE my pink sneakers!