Today I went to the gym early. I could tell that my muscles weren't as strong as the past couple days by the fact that I wasn't able to hold up on reps for a few exercises, but that just means I'm doing my job in tearing them down. I will rest tomorrow and let them heal.
Reps & Weights:
Warm up: 1 mile forward and 0.5 mile backwards on an elliptical
1. Dumbbell Press (10,9,8 reps with 50lbs/arm)
2. Bicep Curls (10 reps with 25lbs)
.....** Repeat 1 & 2 for a full three sets
3. Gravity Rower (10 reps with 45lbs)
4. Horizontal Overhead Lat (10 reps with 40lbs)
5. Trecip Bench Dips (20 reps)
.....** Repeat 3-5 for a full three sets
6. Pull-Down Triceps (3 sets of 10 reps with 50lbs)
7. Vertical Overhead Lats (3 sets of 10,5,5 reps with 50lbs)
8. Crunch Ups (3 sets of 10 situps & 10 crunches)
9. Side Turns (10 reps)
10. Pectoral Fly (3 sets of 10,10,7 reps with increasing weight [70, 90, and 110 lbs])
I got a crick in my neck (or very upper back depending on how you describe it) while lifting today. I wanted to let you guys know that if it happens to you - if you seem to get a crick, pinch a nerve or something of that sort - heat is the best cure. It is most likely that a muscle tightened too much or something got crossed and you need to let it relax. So I will personally lay on a heat pad periodically throughout the day 'till it's gone. The alternative is to get a massage, which will certainly help, but that's also a more expensive option.
Be fit. Be safe. Ciao!