I've gotten behind! So my last post on Sunday was a mixed lifting day. Monday was my off day, but since we had such warm weather, I decided to go for a short 2.0 mile run. I was thrilled with the prospect of getting back out on the road. The run felt great though I could tell my cardiovascular endurance wasn't where it had been back at the half marathon. Oh-well. You can't expect it to maintain itself. haha Anyways, later that night I noticed my toes were bothering me and as you can guess, they turned red/purple again. They didn't get bad, just enough to where I could notice it. So while I feel good enough to go out and run, I'm not exactly ready for it. Therefore, I decided I need to stick to the gym for awhile longer at least; maybe a couple more weeks.
Yesterday I went to the gym and did a legs workout.
Reps & Weight:
1. Bench Press Machine (3 sets of 10/10/6 reps with 90, 110, 130 lbs)
2. Leg Press (3 sets of 10 reps with 210/230/250 lbs)
3. Sitting Leg Curl (3 sets of 10 reps with 100 lbs)
4. Sitting Leg Extension (3 sets of 10 reps with 100 lbs)
5. Vertical Calf Extension (3 sets of 60/50/50 reps with 60 lbs)
6. Military Press (3 sets of 10,10,6 reps with 62.5 lbs)
7. Back Leg Extension (3 sets of 10 reps with 110,130,150 lbs)
8. Adductor (3 sets of 10 reps with 150 lbs)
9. Abductor (3 sets of 10 reps with 80 lbs)
10. Pectoral Fly (3 sets of 10 with 90/110/130)
** Stretching **
11. Crunch Ups (3 sets of 10 sit-ups and 10 crunches)
12. Side Plank Twists (15 reps on each side)
13. Vertical Leg Lift (3 x 12)
14. Vertical Tricep Dip (3 x 10/8/7)
I keep increasing the weights on various machines and I continually find I lack the soreness the next day, so I may try to find alternate exercises to do on various days. The yoga made me sore for sure on top of a workout, so maybe I need to do something along those lines; not strength training, but endurance work. I'm always up for suggestions if you have any!
Today may be a mixed day. I don't want to end up bored with an upper body workout. I may even decide to do a whole new set of things. That would at least keep me on my toes.