Monday, October 4, 2010

Half Marathon Pace

I was back out on the road today for 5 miles.  My plan was to try and guesstimate how a 7 min. mile felt and I hit it right on the nose for the first mile!  Mile 2 was under 7 and I ended up averaging 7:04/mile over 5 miles, but I was happy that I'm getting to know my stride, my energy output, and my body in general.  The 7 min. mile pace isn't exactly a conversational pace, but my breathing isn't labored and out of pure necessity as it is at my recent 5k paces when even attempting to swallow spit throws me completely off. 

Today's Workout:

Distance:  4.96 miles (7.98k)
Time:  35:03 (7:04/mile)
Music of choice: Foo Fighters

On two completely different notes, I had two great moments in the last 24 hours.  A friend of mine here in CT who has hopes of getting into doing triathlons told me they've been trying some of my cross-training workouts.  Secondly, I got back in touch with an old friend from high school after my father informed me he had heard that he was doing triathlons and it turns out that my friend has the exact same goal as I do - to do an ironman in two years.  So I'm incredibly pumped to know that what I'm doing has and hopefully will continue to be helpful to others in reaching for their fitness goals and to find out that other people - whether it be people I grew up with or just met for the first time yesterday have similar fitness goals (always nice to have someone to chat with about training tips, horror stories, etc.).

So keep it up guys (and gals)!  Ciao.

No comments: