Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Good Old Morning OWS

9:00 AM 1.4 mile solo OWS at Lake Terramuggus
I woke up at 6:15am today - not sure why.  Since I skipped my swim yesterday for a brick, I went for a swim today (after battling Hartford traffic for close to 30 minutes).  I tested out the Small-Long Xterra Vortex 4 sleeveless wetsuit as well.  More to come on that later. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions
1.  Do you get your workouts in early?
I like to, but sometimes I simply need the sleep more.  

2.  Would you ever go for an OWS (open water swim) alone?
Some friends think I'm crazy/idiotic for doing so.

3.  How did you start your Wednesday?
Was it a run, a cup of coffee, or hitting the snooze?


Swim fast.  Bike smart.  Run hard. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I try to get my workouts in early - I do better in the AM vs. the PM!

I'm not sure I would do an OWS by myself - I would swim by myself but would want my hubby or someone with me even if they weren't swimming!

I've been working since about 5:30 this morning :/

Coy Martinez said...

I'd be too chicken to OWS on my own but that water behind you looks pretty tempting!

ajh said...

I hugely prefer early workouts and tomorrow I can get one of my two workouts in in the morning. I would not go for an open water swim alone. It would be okay if a friend was on the beach but I swim alone in the pool all the time. I started my Wednesday with my stretches, coffee and the paper.