Monday, May 14, 2012

9th Anniversary is... Carbon Fiber?!

Trust me, this is good.

I was at the LBS Saturday wasting some time when I should have been doing multiple workouts and I met a lady who was looking at hydration systems.  We got in a discussion with one of the employees and they decided to bring her bike to the back room to test out different setups.  This lady's husband walked back with the bike and after looking at 3-4 different setups told her, "Honey, I already spent so much on the bike, you might as well get the expensive setup.  If you go cheap, it's going to ruin what you got with the carbon bike."  Not usually what you hear the significant other saying - telling you to spend more money.

At this point another LBS employee was listening in and says "What a nice gift!"  The bike was a Fuji - I think a D-6 2.0.  This lady responds "Yeah, this is a 9th year anniversary gift."

Hang on a second!

I thought the 9th anniversary was supposed to be Pottery - or Copper for those following the U.K. version.  I guess athletes have their own list they go by. 

I totally want someone who goes by the triathlete's anniversary gift listing!  Heck with pottery!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions
1.  For those of you who are married, do either of you go by the actual anniversary listing?
Anyone know where I can find the triathlete anniversary gift listing?

2.  How many times have you heard your significant other encouraging you to spend more money?!


Swim fast.  Bike smart.  Run hard. 

2 comments:

5 Miles Past Empty said...

=) Cute...yes athletes and specifically triathletes are a different breed.

SingingJo said...

1. We are only coming up on our second anniversary, so we haven't had much time to follow tradition. We did eat the frozen wedding cake top layer. Gross. I think we should make the triathlete/athlete anniversary gift list ourselves.

2. Never.