Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bucket List

No go on the complete Tic-Tac-Toe of Christmas in May packages.  Does anyone know Santa's customer service number?  I might have to chat with an elf about getting my tracking numbers.

Today was packed enough though, so I had plenty going on.

Woke up 
breakfast
blog post
8.4 mile trainer ride
snack time
job interview
18.0 mile trainer ride
lunch!
work
3.86 mile run
snack & dinner
blog post
and BED!

I actually slept in today (aka, I wasn't up until after seven).  I stuck to my new breakfast rule and ate before I did anything else.  It's surprisingly hard to do, but if I don't, I'll go hours on the computer before I decide to eat and that throws my whole day off.  And of course it was Multigrain Cheerios.  I'm addicted!

Source
While I let breakfast digest, I posted the UTag I.C.E. blog entry HERE.  Once I was satisfied breakfast had digested, I hit the trainer hard and did a quick 8.4 miles while I watched the beginning of The Bucket List.

Source
I cut it short because I had a job interview at eleven.  Hopefully in a week or so I'll have a job at a local gym; think happy thoughts for me!  I did order the NASM book the other day, so this would be my first job in the fitness industry; the first of hopefully many to come!  Personal Training here I come.

After the interview, I finished up The Bucket List with 18.0 miles on the trainer, showered, ate a quick lunch of leftover gorditas, and headed to work (Girl Scouts).  Normally I would have taken a nap after that workout, but I didn't have time.  You could tell I needed one though because I had a permanent yawn going the entire program.  I hope the kids didn't think I was bored!  haha

When I got home, you'd think I would nap, but no.  I sat down and rested for half an hour before I headed out for today's run.  I planned on an easy three miles because I was exhausted, but even as I wrote out my route on the white board for my roommate, I added extra listed as "in case I get ambitious." 

I don't know what it is, but when my body is tired, it speeds up.  Maybe my body just realizes that the faster it goes, the sooner it can rest.  I'm not sure, but I headed out with roughly a 7:15 mile #1 and finished 3.86 miles with an average 6:43.  It felt so smooooooooth!  My body is officially as crazy as my mind is!

I had my second banana w/ peanut butter of the day (yay workout snacks!) and made dinner; Cajun seasoned Swai fillet with broccoli.  I was quite happy with it because I cooked the broccoli perfectly!  I typically overcook it and it's too soft, but today it was still perfectly crunchy. 

And now it's time for bed - at 9:30pm! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions
1.  Do you eat breakfast?  If so, do you have a go-to breakfast food?
I hope with all my might that every single one of you eat breakfast! 

2.  Have you ever experienced exhaustion-generated speed?  Any thoughts on its origin?
I'm pretty sure I have a lot of tension to work on. 

3.  Do you have a bucket list?


Stay fit.  Stay healthy. 

10 comments:

Meg O @watchmegorun said...

I eat breakfast every morning. Id die without it! I don't have an actual bucket list, but have some goals in mind. Sending positive thoughts your way. Hope you get the job!

Jennifer Spadafora said...

You are a machine!!! Good luck on your interview tomorrow. I've been forcing myself to eat breakfast cause it's always been the meal to skip if i'm busy. This week i've had an addiction to Chobani yogurt!

Ironmom (Julie) said...

Good luck with the job!

I can't start my day with out Cheerios+fruit.

Caroline said...

I hope you get the job!!!!
Breakfast: of course: my go to: coffee and Berry Special K and big glass of water.
no buket list yet

Richelle said...

Good luck on getting the job at the gym!

1. I do eat breakfast. My favorite is toast topped with peanut butter and honey, although if I'm rushed, I'll take a Clif bar and fruit with me to work to eat.

2. Ummm... I had a faster average pace for my last two legs of the Ragnar Relay faster than my first leg. May have been the change in weather, though.

3. I don't have a list per se, but I do have a few things I want to do before I die... like go to England and Italy, complete a marathon and 70.3, move out to the Pacific Northwest. Stuff like that.

it's all about pace said...

1. Breakfast: a bagel with meat and cheese

2. no real speed with fatigue - but I'm kinda old

3. I long ago had an actual written down bucket list... it's long since gone missing... and based on memory mostly complete. I do yearly goals tho

Coy Martinez said...

I think my exhaustion generated speed comes from my heart rate finally adapting to the acitvity. Takes me forever to warm up. Sort of like hitting another gear. It's always my legs that die, never my lungs.

Runners Fuel said...

I am starving by the time I get up in the am. I also eat those Cherrios at every breakfast! YUM!

Anonymous said...

Breakfast is my favorite meal. I cannot function without it!!!

Good luck on your NASM. You will do great. Make sure you have your CPR before you take your test or they won't give you your cert.

Unknown said...

Oooh... hope you get the job! That would be great! :)

I always eat breakfast, but I hate breakfast food so it's usually a hodge podge of whatever sounds good - some days it's a sandwich, some days a luna bar, some days left overs from the night before. But I always eat! :)

I loved the bucket list. I don't have a bucket list written down but maybe I'll start one!