Monday, February 4, 2013

Monthly Challenge

As you may have seen on the Look Back at January, I had something in there called the "Monthly Challenge."  After having posted my 2013 Resolutions, my thoughts continued coming.  There were a few things that I knew I didn't like about my daily habits, my schedule, my person, etc.  So I decided to give one of them a try

I work three nights a week and two mornings.  When I work nights, I would usually come home afterwards, check my email, facebook, eat a snack, and then brush my teeth, wash up, and finally read a chapter or two before going to bed.  Work gets out at 10pm and I'd be going to sleep around 1!:30pm or midnight.  Ugh!!  I'd end up not getting up until 8 or later some days and it just shot my day.  I decided that there was really no reason to be on the computer after work. 

I decided to make it a challenge.

The computer is off limits after 10pm!


For the month of January, I did pretty good.  I only broke the rule twice.  Once by accident; I hadn't realized what time it was and I noticed at 10:05pm.  I shut everything down and it was off by 10:07pm.  The other time was intentional.  I had to check flight times and print vouchers for my trip to Disney.  But I stuck to the rule 29 out of 31 days and feel much better for it. 

Monthly Challenge Success!!  And I will be sticking to it from now on.

For February, I have another aspect of life, food.  I recently watched Vegucated and am again interested in the vegetarian/vegan diet.  Don't worry, I'm not going vegan any time soon.  But I want to try non-animal based protein options (beans, tofu, soy, etc.).  My goal is simply to attempt 4 new protein options that would, in thought, be a replacement for meat. 

Tofu will be my first attempt.  What other options are there?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions
1.  Have you ever gone vegetarian or vegan?  If not, do you have a specific diet?  If so, what made you decide to switch?
I did vegetarian in college for a semester.  That was the start to my diet experiments. 

2.  What non-animal based protein options are there?
I can only think of tofu, soy (which is what tofu is made from), beans, nuts...  That's it.  There has to be more out there.

3.  Do you spend a lot of time on the computer?
Yes!  Way too much time checking in on things that do not need checking.

4.  Have you ever given yourself a monthly challenge?
The only challenge I've done before this year was the vegetarian and paleo diets.

5.  How was your weekend?



Dream.  Believe.  Achieve.  

3 comments:

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I am vegan, but I eat alot of fruits and veggies

Tempheh is another good source of protein, Visit Jason at Cook, Train, Eat, he is a goto for this type of material

Coy Martinez said...

I like chicken too much, I like beef too but I enjoy having chicken with almost everything, especially if it's grilled.

I wish my computer would fall off the face of the planet. I have to be on it for work, so yeah, I'm on this thing wayyy too much.

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

I spend too much time updating my blog....