Friday, October 7, 2011

Friday Funny

The Salvation Army, or "Salvo," is a great place to pick up cheap 'morning clothes' for a race or pieces of that halloween costume.  It's also a great place to experience the cultural center of my neighborhood!

Yes, I took this picture myself!


In other news, with a marathon in a week, today was slated to be a long run day, by which I mean 6 miles.  I barely even got myself out the door to do it.  As I crested the top of the hill on my way down to the main road where I begin my runs, I see this person run by - bright green sports bra, short shorts, and blonde ponytail.  Let's just say my long run turned into speed work.

With a good 0.25 miles on me, I took off to catch up.  A mile later I had only gained maybe a tenth of a mile and was cruising at 6:19 pace.  "Man, this chick is cruising!"  The road turned into a continuous uphill for the next 0.8 miles and I slowed to a 7:00 mile.  At this point she turned around early and I could tell she wasn't in my age group (I'll leave it at that).  I stopped at the turn around, took a breather, and ran back downhill for 0.8 miles at 7:22 pace and the last mile in 6:57. 

People need to stop running by and teasing me into chasing them.  It ruins my whole completely last minute plan of a training schedule.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions
1.  Any big plans this weekend?
After coaching tomorrow, I'm watching the IM World Championships all afternoon.  Then Sunday I found that ABC is broadcasting the Rev3 Quassy in the afternoon.  

2.  Admit it!  Have other runners on the road ever caused you to change your schedule on the fly?
Maybe you simply sped up or decided to add an extra mile or two?


Swim fast.  Bike smart.  Run hard. 

4 comments:

Ironmom (Julie) said...

Too funny. That's called motivation!

it's all about pace said...

uh, yeah =;-)

http://allaboutpace.blogspot.com/2010/02/hero-takes-fall.html

Matthew Smith said...

HILARIOUS! At least you got a good workout!

Aimee said...

Ha ha...nice run!