1. Tonia at Racing with Babes showed me that I in fact do not know all the product lines of Pearl Izumi. Did you know they have shoes?! Crazy, right? She reviewed what sounds like an awesome pair HERE. Check it out.
2. Danny at A Quest For Running Perfection had me cracking up at a checklist he came up with for tracking the progress of endurance athletes as they get better in their athletic abilities - read it HERE.
3. Meg at Watch MeGo Run wrote an article about her story of becoming a runner for her alma mater and finally got the link to its publication at EMU - the link is in her blog HERE. I love hearing about how other people got started in their endeavors; everyone is so different and unique.
4. Who doesn't love kids?! (put your hand down, you love kids!) Heather at Run Faster Mommy has an awesome story about her 4 year old son and her exploits to get him to become a runner HERE. Hilarious!!
5. It was a trail runner's weekend it seems as both Heather at Run Faster Mommy and Dawn at Racing Dawn both ran trail marathons. Congrats to both women!! Read their respective race reports HERE and HERE. Both stories make me jealous of everyone who has cleared trails to run; I'm still waiting for snow to melt.
6. Meg at Watch MeGo Run also has a giveaway going on for Yurbuds. Enter for a chance to win HERE. I've never tried them, but Meg raves about them, so they must be good.
7. Tawnee at Tri*Tawn finally got back into racing with the Desert Triathlon and landed third place. Three of the people she is training also competed and did awesome. Congrats to all of them!! Read about it HERE.
8. Need another quick laugh? Alright. Mel at Tall Mom on the Run found a couple very funny running/exercise related comics. Check them out HERE.
Lastly, just a personal request for those of you who read my blog. I very much like to respond to comments from my blog and I find it much easier via email than to attempt blog comment chats. If you've received an email in response to a comment, then I already have your email, but if you have not (and don't mind giving it out), I'd love to have everyone's email set in my server so that I can respond. I feel horrible when you give a great tip or a thought I want to follow up on, but then I don't have any way of getting back to you. So if you don't mind, please send me your email address at the following...
becominganironman @ hotmail . com
Thanks a lot guys. You've made even this partial year of blogging (and the hopefully many years to come) MORE than worth my time.
Keep being awesome!