Monday, September 23, 2013

Why It Sucks To Be A Guy!

This is about to get ugly in more ways than one.

That's right!  You women have so many things to complain about that no matter their validity (I'm not here to argue that), us men have very little time to make our own point.

So I'm taking a moment to make a formal (albeit online) complaint!

Blood stains on the front of my tri shorts.

For whatever reason, the above picture (genital chaffing) has been an issue all this year, though it had never been one before.  I've tried I've tried body glide, saddle butter, other creams, and even bandaids, but I never seem to avoid the very uncomfortable chaffing on...  well...  Let's just call it mini-me for giggles.

I thought it might be the new shorts this year; my Cardio Express kit from Champion Systems, but in an attempt to avoid the issue, I raced in last year's Newington Bike kit from LG this past Saturday and had probably the worst case of chaffing all year.  It was about 20-30 miles into the bike when I noticed the pain, began shifting the shorts around to avoid excess movement, and then I looked down and found I was bleeding from worn down skin.  Not comfortable!

I'd love to say that I'm just biking so much harder, but that's certainly not the case.  And once I'm off the bike, I'm fine.  It's just the bike that kills me.  

So while I am in no hurry to trade in my manhood for a set of breasts and a period, I'd still like you women to know that we don't always have it easy! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions
1.  Guys!  Do you ever have this problem?  
I'm all ears for any solutions or thoughts!

2.  What is your worst chaffing area?
Luckily, I've never had an issue with bloody nipples, but I can imagine that would be horrible.

3.  How was YOUR weekend?


DREAM.  BELIEVE.  ACHIEVE. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am assuming you have had a professional bike fit? I had "female issues" in that area and when i bought my new bike decided to do a correct fit. They changed a bunch of things (which were $$$) but after it was done I could enjoy riding again and I have had no "issues" .