Friday, December 25, 2015

Freakin' A Friday!! 008 - What the Holiday?

As a fitness professional, my schedule tends to be the opposite of most people.  When you're busy at work, I'm off doing my workouts and work around the house.  When you're out of work, I clock in!  And when there is a holiday - major or minor - it's just another day for me.  That fact alone has caused some frustrating incidents!

Where is everyone?

It's a Monday/Friday just like any other week and I decide to catch up on some errands before work.  In the spring and fall, I will head over to the town hall to drop off my tax payments.  To my surprise, the typically packed parking lot is empty.  It's 10am.  Where is everyone?  It's not until I get to the door and see the sign "Closed for [Insert Holiday]."

Gosh Darnit!

Columbus Day, President's Day, Labor Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, etc.  I never remember when any of those are! 

Or it happens this way...

Where did everybody come from?

I'm at work and all of a sudden I take notice of the people around the gym.  Either it's simply over packed for the time, there's a lot of kids there during school hours, or I start to see the regular evening goers working out well before their 5pm work release time.  What gives?  If it's a few people, maybe they just took a personal day, but after a certain number, I know I've missed something.  Eventually somebody clues me into whatever holiday I've neglected.  With luck, it's not anything I had to prep for!  haha

So can you do me a favor?
Tell me when the next holiday is.
Thanks!
I'll probably miss it otherwise.


Freakin' A!!!

No comments: