Sunday, January 29, 2012

Training Week Review I

I started this week with a fear of having gotten strep & very little idea of what my training schedule for the next 9 months is going to be like.    At least I no longer have a sore throat!  =D 

Now that 2012 training is underway, I thought I'd share my weekly training every week.  So here goes...

Totals
Swim - 0 yards
Bike - 51.56 miles (2:16:11 at 22.7)
Run - 12.13 miles (1:33:29 at 7:40)

Monday

OFF

Tuesday

Bike
11.69 miles in 0:30:25 for 23.06 mph

Wednesday

Run
3.0 miles in 22:31 for 7:30 pace

Crossfit
Overhead squats
Burpees
Box Jumps

Two rounds of 10 reps, 9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1
Took roughly 8 minutes each

Thursday

Bike
17.6 miles in 45:21 for 23.29 mph

Crossfit
Thrusters (45 lb)
Decline sit ups
Pushups
Box Jumps

Three rounds... 
21 reps, 15, and 9
9:16

Friday

Run
6.13 miles in 49:03 at 8:00 pace

After two days of crossfit, my body was not happy.  
A big part of me wanted to take Friday off, 
but after the first mile, I was so happy I stuck with the training.  
I even stuck to the full long run instead of cutting it short like I planned.  

Saturday

Bike
22.27 miles in 1:00:25 for 22.11 mph
Sunday

Run
3 miles in 21:55 for 7:18 pace

I wasn't home from work until almost 6pm.  
It was dark and I was tired, but I convinced myself I needed the run.  
I headed out on yet another "just keep it easy" run 
and for some reason my legs just took off right from the start.  
I ran the first half at 10 seconds per mile faster 
and even went under 7:00 pace on the way back. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions
1.  How was your week of training?
Tough getting back in the swing?  Are you already half way through and just coasting through?  Or are you still delaying the start of training season?

2.  Any big plans for this upcoming week?
My plan is to use tomorrow's off day to finish my training schedule up through June's Rev3 Half.  So far it's taken me four days to get the run portion done.  Still no bike plan let alone access to a pool!  Hopefully fate smiles upon me!

3.  How was your weekend?! 
I had Friday and Saturday off and realized (yet again) that I do much better with a schedule.  Time off goes by way too fast!


Swim fast.  Bike smart.  Run hard. 

1 comment:

Coy Martinez said...

I'm using the Matt Lieto schedule for the 70.3.

I saw the burpees on that thing and think I got sick. I hate those things.

Looks like you have tons of diverse stuff on there which is good. Wish I could borrow your legs for the bike. :)

I ran a trail half this weekend.