Sunday, August 29, 2010

Minor Setback

Ok, so entries this coming week will be short, but I want to keep up as much as I can.

After eleven hours of driving yesterday, I spent the afternoon at the beach - great way to start the weekend, right?  I got convinced (quite easily) to do a run at the beach.  However, running at the beach barefoot takes quite a hardy set of feet.  So the point of today's title is that I got a couple blisters within hours of arriving.  I managed to get approximately a mile run in, but then opted to walk the rest in order to attempt saving my feet for the rest of the week.

I didn't make it for a run this morning, so I'm one 5k run down from my goal.  I did make it to the gym for a workout though - arms and core.  Then I played some raquetball, which felt pretty good on my feet, so I'm hopeful that I'll be back to running tomorrow morning, albeit lightly for at least a couple days until I can pop these blisters.

I am sticking quite well to eating healthy though, so bonus on that front. 

Ok, I'm out.  Ciao!

No comments: