Friday, December 9, 2011

It's FRIDAY!!

TGIF!!!
(Thank God It's Friday)

Why?  I don't know.  I still have to work tomorrow. 

While I was cooking this morning, I watched a documentary...


Fat, Sick, & Nearly Dead.  I had heard about this documentary awhile back and it's been on my "to watch" list for quite some time.  After hearing another recommendation for it, I finally queued it up (as I prepped lunch for today).

The whole thing is about the idea of Juicing.  No, not steroids.  This Australian guy goes on a diet where the only thing he can eat is fruits and vegetables that have been put through a juicer.  Now, I considered my Paleo experiment a step apart from extreme for myself.  Juicing would be one step beyond.  But given that the film has gotten high reviews, it speaks for itself.  The best story within the documentary is from a trucker that is convinced to try the diet.  I won't spoil the story, but if you're health conscious, love documentaries, or just like experimentation, then definitely give Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead a try!




Another reason to be happy today is that the date for the Beach 2 Battleship triathlon, the full distance tri down in NC I'm considering for next year, has been pushed UP to October 20th!!  YAY!  It was originally set for November and I had had my reservations about racing that late in the year.  October seems much more doable though.  The final decision has not been made yet, but I'm strongly considering that race.

30 Day Paleo Diet Update
Today is Day #26
4 Days Left

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions
1.  Any suggestions for good food or health oriented documentaries?
My recommendations are a) Fat Head, b) Food Inc., c) Forks over Knives, d) Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead

2.  How many of you have scheduled or have your eye on specific races for next year?  How far in advance have you signed up for a specific race?
With long distance triathlons, I keep signing up earlier and earlier.  B2B and Rev3 Quassy may be my Xmas & Bday present to myself.


Swim fast.  Bike smart.  Run hard. 

1 comment:

Karen said...

Wow I can't believe Paleo month is almost over!

LOVE Beach 2 Battleship! It gets lots of good reviews every year. I am doing the full there this year (just haven't plunked down the cash). Maybe I will see you there.