Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Random Wrap Up

 No real coherent story/theme today, so I will leave it up to randomness!  ChaosEntropyAnarchy!

1.  Feelings I love that people call me crazy for:  Sore shoulders, droopy eyes, tight calves, heavy chest, an insatiable appetite...  Yup, those are my ideal daily feelings.  haha 

2.  Today's "Proud" moment:  After wrestling yet another bug over the weekend (this time just a minor sore throat and runny nose), I got back to the gym yesterday with Collin.  It had been nearly two weeks since I had gotten him to the gym, so it was fun (maybe more for me than him) to tire him out both yesterday and today. With all the little bugs I've gotten this winter season, I'm debating purchasing stock in Mott's.  Every time I feel ill, I carry a gallon jug of apple juice with me most anywhere.  It's been a life saver!

3.  Nutritional tid-bit I will follow up on later:  For those who are interested, Collin started a Detox diet.  This is his choice, not mine; he did it once before and said he got great weight loss results.  I will certainly be following up with him and giving my own interpretation of what the diet is doing and my suggestions for it, but overall it is mainly a fruit and vegetable diet.  Besides fruits and vegetables, he is allowed to drink a specific amount of skim milk, yogurt, granola, and brown rice (possibly a few other items) throughout the day.  My quick interpretation is that fruits and vegetables carry very little calories and pack a good amount of nutrients, so you're providing the body what it needs nutrient wise, but not volume wise which forces it to look to the stores of fat, glycogen, and protein in order to obtain the necessary energy. 

4.  Personal NoteI start a new job tomorrow.  As of this week, I am an official CT Girl Scout.  I know, I know.  Have a chuckle (I know I did!).  I will be developing and running various programs for groups of girls in CT.  What does that really mean?  I get paid to do arts and crafts, fun science projects, be active, and use creativity and childhood imagination.  Talk about a kick ass job description!  This does however mean that instead of the morning run I thought I'd be able to do tomorrow, I'll be getting ready for work, but as much as I'd like to think my training will pay bills, it won't (not yet at least). 


Tuesday's Workout:
SWIMMING
1.  200 Warm-Up (free, back, breast)
2.  5 x 50s easy (free)
3.  10 x 25s drill down, swim back
4.  5 x 50s free down, stroke back
5.  1,2,3,4,3,2,1 Pyramid (free), 10s rest
6.  200 Cool Down
TOTAL: 1550 yds (0.88 miles)


Wednesday's Workout:
RUNNING
1.  2 min. walk at 4mph
2.  2.5 mile run at 8.0 - 9.0 mph
3.  3 min walk at 4mph


SWIMMING
1.  150 Warm Up (free, back, breast)
2.  5 x 50s free
3.  5 x 50s drill down, stroke back
4.  1,2,3,4,3,2,1 Pyramid with 10s rest
5.  4,3,2,1,2,3,4,1 Reverse Pyramid with 10s rest
6.  5 x 50s hard down, pace back
7.  10 x 25s pace down, sprint back
8.  250 Cool Down
TOTAL:  2300 yds (1.31 miles)

 Stay fit.  Stay healthy. 

No comments: