Friday, February 11, 2011

Attention All Triathlete's!

Thanks to Amanda over at 5 Miles 2 Empty, I've been hearing a lot about this book called "Triathlete's Training Bible" by Joe Friel.

Joe Friel is a long-standing coach who decided to put his training plans and tips into a book.  I've never picked the book up myself to look through it, but I've heard so many positive things about it from Amanda that I decided to go ahead and order it anyways; it should arrive mid-week next week.  However, I did find a few related online resources that I thought you might be interested in.

First, Joe Friel's Blog.  I've only read through two entries, but if the book is anything similar I'm sure I will get through it quite quickly.  Since I am trained in science, I'm happy to see people taking methodical if not straight scientific approaches to fitness and training.  Joe seems to be doing just that!

Second, the website for the book has a section for free resources.  And who doesn't love FREE?!  I'm sure the book holds much more information, but for someone looking for some helpful tips to work on before actually looking to purchase a book, video, or such, this could be very helpful. 

Ok, time to cut out.  I've got to go get my own workout in today before I spend the entire day sitting in bed with my computer.  



P.S.  A friend of mine enlightened me about a fun running article about a crazy Australian HERE.  Apparently this Aussie is an amazing ultramarathoner and has decided to take on the challenge of running from the North to the South pole.  Crazy, right?  I can't wait to see him do it.

Stay fit.  Stay healthy. 

1 comment:

5 Miles Past Empty said...

You wont be disappointed with the book! I'm certain you will benefit from it! I can't believe all the info! It's almost overwhelming. Can't wait for you to get it and hear what you think!!!

Hope you got out of bed! =) I finally made it to my workouts, only 20 min later than planned!

Happy Friday!