Thursday, December 9, 2010

Quickie!

Today will be quick.  I have a presentation to prepare for; hopefully as of tonight I will be more powerful by one degree, a Masters. 

Anyways, I got up to run today and decided I wanted to go a little further than the base two miles.  So I ran to my turnaround point and kept going.  I went 0.8 miles past the turn around and then came back.  I was hoping it was a full 1.0 miles past, but oh-well.  It's still further.  So I ran a total of 3.6 miles today.

As far as how I felt, the 25 degree temperature with wind gusts wasn't the best feeling; I may opt to put on my spandex tomorrow My left knee started bothering me again part way back from the turnaround.  Then my right foot began feeling increased pressure with 1.0 miles to go.  After moving my foot around a bit and paying more attention to how it was striking, I was fine.  I'll have to keep up on that more in the future.

Other than that, I'm good.  A hot shower, a warm breakfast (oatmeal with PLENTY of raisins and some OJ) and I'm good to go.  Oh, and my friends made me a shirt for the race on Sunday.  We're going as three of Santa's reindeer.  I'm cupid. 


We'll be picking up antlers as well, so look for that picture come Sunday.  This will be a lot of fun!

Ok, off to do real "work."  Is it too early to look forward to retirement?  haha

Ciao!

No comments: